Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As long as I'm stuck in the 60's today, here's a before and after shot of my knuck, I bought in the late 60's.
Larry T

·
Registered
950 Posts
I'll see your knuck and raise ya a knuck and a Sportster. LOL!
My old 47 FL, the gold one is a 39 EL and the Sportster, well left me with a permanent limp. All were mine once when I was young..the gold bike and the Sportster ended up in Germany.
Hank

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Unfortunatley I am too young to have lived during this era, but I scanned all my old man's pictures not too long ago. The Trump is my Uncle Peck's (still within the family), The 45 Trike is my Uncle Pie's (still has it), The 47 Knuck was my dad's, My dad on his blue 49 Pan. I too love the old pics of this shit.

http://img158.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wallysshoveltopchop0017kf.jpg

·
Registered
61 Posts
Shovel top Pan of my dad's and his 47 with sidecar that he is currently restoring. The next pis is my dad's friends on his 46 the day he bought it. The last pic is of the same 46 in about 2000. He let me ride that while I was in High School and then sold it to a friend. I may be a little partial, but that was by far the nicest Knuck that I have seen out there, we'll see what the 47 ends up looking like though!

·
TI_Tuesday
1,247 Posts
eazyluvin those pics are great...usually the story goes "back in the day i had a _____ but sold it when the wife got pregnant". sounds like your pops and his friends/family kept them...not the norm and good to hear.

·
Registered
61 Posts
tom said:
eazyluvin those pics are great...usually the story goes "back in the day i had a _____ but sold it when the wife got pregnant". sounds like your pops and his friends/family kept them...not the norm and good to hear.
I know I am jealous to hear my dad talk about how little he paid for his knucks at the time and how when people were chopping their rides, and he was picking their "junk" out of the dumpsters. I guess I always thought of my dad as "old" but never realized that in the 70's, a Knucklehead was a 30+ year old bike! He sold the 46 but he still has his 47 w/ hack, and another basket minus the motor. I told him the rest are to be kept!

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Eazyluvin said:
I know I am jealous to hear my dad talk about how little he paid for his knucks at the time and how when people were chopping their rides, and he was picking their "junk" out of the dumpsters. I guess I always thought of my dad as "old" but never realized that in the 70's, a Knucklehead was a 30+ year old bike! He sold the 46 but he still has his 47 w/ hack, and another basket minus the motor. I told him the rest are to be kept!
I gave $650.00 for the black knucklehead. That was after I missed an original 47 FL cause I wouldn't go higher than $350.00 and the seller wouldn't come off of $450.00.

Here's another picture of a buddy's shovel that was taken in the 70's He rode this bike from Austin up thru the Tetons, over to Seattle, down to Yosemite, over to Sturgis and then back down to Austin. This bike ran the "hot setup" of a 15" rim with a car radial on it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.