Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone is interested, I'm in the process of uploading pics from Mooneyes 2011 to my Flickr page. There'll be more to come over the next few days. I took over 700 photos while we were there.

Flickr Page

·
Banned
2,854 Posts
It must be nice to live in a country where NOBODY needs a chain or padlock. In all the pics from all the different sources, I haven't seen one single security device. My brother lived in Japan for awhile, and he said you could leave your bicycle anywhere, for weeks, and nobody would touch it. Way cool.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is our second time going and I still can't get over how fucking expensive Japan is. I hear Australia has gotten more expensive, but damn son.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
great pics, thanks.
and yes, the Japanese people/culture makes the ol "melting pot" look pretty bad.

·
Registered
457 Posts
thanks for posting the pics. i ended up not being able to go even though the show is only a couple of hours away (family stuff came up at the last minute). there's always next year, right?

-dan

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There were alot more white faces there this year. Last year you could count the ******* on two hands. It seemed that the Aussies were there in force this year. I'm not sure why the big turn out from down under.

There were a shit ton more attendees this year too. The line to get in was out of control all day long.

Definitely the best part of the trip was getting to meet Gene Winfield. And watching the bikes from all over Japan rolling into the parking garage. Sitting there you think all the old American iron ended up in Japan. The crazy thing is EVERY fucking bike that pulls in is badass. There were very few pieces of shit.

·
Registered
415 Posts
This is our second time going and I still can't get over how fucking expensive Japan is. I hear Australia has gotten more expensive, but damn son.
Australia is affordable, every second aussie will give you a bed, meal and a number of a friend in another town if youre not a dickhead.

There were alot more white faces there this year. Last year you could count the ******* on two hands. It seemed that the Aussies were there in force this year. I'm not sure why the big turn out from down under.
big 50's / 60's custom car movement happening here at the moment, most aussies where there for that.

love the pic's man, would have loved to be there aswell

·
Registered
359 Posts
Do you mean Japan is expensive to visit? I have heard about high costs for owning vintage tin, be it a bike or car. I would reall ylike to visit one of the next big shows as this.

Hans

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Wow... really? The AU$ must be strong.

Like last year, I winced every time I bought a beer. 650 yen (which we paid in a lot of bars) equates to £5.35, or about US$8.35!

And that is for a tiny glass (less than a half-pint) filled mostly with foam...

We were talking about this at the show, and basically your attitude has to be 'fuck the cost' if you spend a week or more there, because it is more than worth it.

I found Japan to be cheaper than Australia, quite a bit actually.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts