Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put moon discs on my bike. I have mags and don't want to buy a new rear wheel just to put something that is going to cover it up. I have heard that you can only do this on wire spoke 16'' rears.

Can I get a little guidance?

Attachments

·
Registered
357 Posts

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
If you live in a windy area leave the front wheel open.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
+1 on Teach's wheel covers. PM him and he can help you decide if they're right for you.

The Mooneyes are aluminum and have no provisions for mounting. They also (I think) have a 7" hub opening and it's $15 per cover to get one custom cut. Teach's are chromed steel and come ready to mount...I can't remember exactly, but the opening is like 4.75" and fit really well.

Nothing against Mooneyes, but I went with Teach's.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
+1 on Teach's wheel covers. PM him and he can help you decide if they're right for you.

The Mooneyes are aluminum and have no provisions for mounting. They also (I think) have a 7" hub opening and it's $15 per cover to get one custom cut. Teach's are chromed steel and come ready to mount...I can't remember exactly, but the opening is like 4.75" and fit really well.

Nothing against Mooneyes, but I went with Teach's.

Looks great man glad you like them!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I realize that my motorcycle isn't quite the style you guys dig around here...but I put a set of Kevin's wheelcovers on my Duo-Glide & really like 'em too ! Here's a few pix for everyone to check out...

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I realize that my motorcycle isn't quite the style you guys dig around here...but I put a set of Kevin's wheelcovers on my Duo-Glide & really like 'em too ! Here's a few pix for everyone to check out...

Great looking pan!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts