Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have this 67 sporty everyone here has seen it i will toss a pic out for fun, specs are...

30 over rebuild with about 6k on it, S&S super E, 74 front end (legs shaved), BRAND new 21" spoolie from V-Twin with avon, new EVERYTHING ELSE, lol, well not really, but ALL fresh wiring, new headlight, tailight, risers, bars, grips, pegs, chain, old school add on oil filter, entire inside of MAG new parts (not whole mag rebuild just coil, condensor, etc), new regulator, FRESH HOK flake paint (about 2 weeks old)....

what do ya think shes worth??? HONESTLY, and dont tell me what someone would pay... i dont wanna ask more than its worth, i see some cool ones pullin around $6k... its got a clean title and all, only trouble is primary leaks a lil tiny quarter size spot when ya park it, but i could fix even though i dont wanna hahah... i like it leakin hahahha

what do you guys think???

i also may just sell the triumph project i got recently, but thats really not the amount of cash i need... its not a runner yet and needs all new wiring (i could do that and sell her, but idk, thinkin more harley sale right now)...

be honest fellas, i take critisism VERY well..

Attachments

·
Registered
896 Posts
Don't do it, that's my advice. Sell one or the other if you have to, but don't sell both. Obviously you'd get more for the sporty since it's further along and unless your triumph has seen ink or is exceptional you probably won't get more then 3k tops when you get it running (and that may be a little generous for your area).

I sold stuff to bail myself out of money problems before and it sucks, I been there and understand. But it would be a shame to part with the sporty so soon.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
eric you ass...

L<MAO

·
Registered
391 Posts
my guess is 3k max
its a sportster, they just done sell like big twins, not matter how much time & money is spent on them.
but what do i know, the last (& only) sporty i bought was in 1985 & it was very clean & custom for $1,500

·
Registered
896 Posts
Show me where I can find a sporty like that for 3 grand. You couldn't touch it in so cal for less then 4,500 unless you found a tweaker that was hard up :)

·
Registered
615 Posts
Its kinda hard to say this without sounding like a hardass,but two things Ive learned you should never be without are firearms,and a running bike,dont ever sell either one......with that said , my buddy sold a hardtail evo sporty for 7 grand on ebay last fall,it was cool,but I like yours a whole lot better

·
Registered
896 Posts

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I'm with Pork, Start in the high 6"s at least. I know we all might not pay for a sporty but it is done, nicely I will add. The kind of guy who wants a turn key will surely pay more than us "sucker builders". I can appreciate you offering for what it is worth to a friend or to give someone on the board a good deal, but if you EGAY it please try to get as much as possible! It is worth the $. I say keep it and make some extra $ some other way 'cause it is a bad ride and you will miss it. Choose wisely young Jedi.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Do whatever you can not to sell the bike, but if you have to, don't be afraid to ask what you think you should get for it. I had a 76 Sporty that I bought on ebay for cheap (semi roller), kept it, fixed it up to my likin', was not finished but it looked cool and stuck it on ebay to test the waters......$7000 is what it brought. This bike ran well but was not "finished" like yours. There is someone out there that will pay mad money for something if it really speaks to them.
I will say this.....don't sell it if you can help it. I have sold bikes and kicked myself for it. I don't sell my bikes anymore, I figure if I don't have to, I won't.
this was the bike.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Voneville said:
Metal Flake = $$$ because people that spend that kind of money on ironheads don't know how to paint :)

edit: found this while losing the battle to insomnia.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Harley-Davidson-HARLEY-RIGID-BOBBER-HARLEY-RIGID-HARDTAIL-BOBBER-CHOPPER-1-OF-A-KIND-CUSTOM_W0QQitemZ120013719098QQihZ002QQcategoryZ6707QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I rest my case :) Coool bike, but the BIN price is whack.
not to whack in my retarded opinion. The new price of a 1200 sportster is 10-12k depending on where ya buy. Its an upgraded motor and lots of expensive bolt on goodies. seems fair price. of course, thats what they are hoping, that the price would seem fair enough to somebody for a sale. I would pimp it large indeed.

oh yeah, back on subject....don't sell your sporty, its large tits

·
Registered
58 Posts
i dont think you should sell it, but i know what its like to be broke(im running out of things to sell) but ive seen total shit sell for over $6000, you could definately get more. and if you dont get EXACTLY what you want for it...it isnt worth it.....just my 2cents

·
Registered
340 Posts
thats a nice looking bike,i would say you should be able to get at least 4-5 g's for it, if you decide you need an old truck lemme know :D ,oh an vonneville, if you see that tweeker with the sporty for sale, tell him i want my beach cruiser back!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.