Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn after siting down with one checking,,,how it works, Re threading it and doing some sewing! Hmmm
I gotta say there one way kool machine! :)
Trying to do a leather seat cover:rolleyes:
Gotta refill the Bobbin:mad:

·
Registered
165 Posts
RippoDippo said:
Damn after siting down with one checking,,,how it works, Re threading it and doing some sewing! Hmmm
I gotta say there one way kool machine! :)
Trying to do a leather seat cover:rolleyes:
Gotta refill the Bobbin:mad:
I've got an old Singer for doing light leather and denim.
They're kewl as shit, and *FULL* of artistry inside.
The workings are fun as all to watch.

Best,

Weyland

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya using her new Phaff machine since if I fuck it up? It can be fixed.
Other one is a MEISTER vintage pedal pumper (hands off) :eek:
Busted all my Needles so need some #100/16 to continue! #100/14 are not working out.
Here's the Job set up and first attempt. It's a close fit, figure I should have a good one by #3
Using a Vinyl and leather combo here.
Shit rember those Iron on knee patches that never stuck for long? Wonder if they still sell'em:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a sewing machine repair shop. Family has been in the business for 20 yrs. I would reccomend you get a Denim needle. They are stronger metal and also sharper tip. Those broken needles are probably caused by you pushing the material thru the machine. The machine will feed the material. Just guide it thru and quit pushing. If it's not feeding fast enough increase the stitch length. Your going to tear something up if you keep pushing. Look at the needle plate where the needle passes thru on top of machine. If there is needle marks your pushing. Don't know if this helps but it can't hurt.

·
Registered
990 Posts
RippoDippo said:
Shit rember those Iron on knee patches that never stuck for long? Wonder if they still sell'em:rolleyes:
They do still sell them. Walmart I know for sure does. Ripped the shit out of my favorite jeans kicking the Ironhead to life a while back. Went middle school and got the denim repair iron on. Lame, but it worked. :eek:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HAd tp ride cross town for new needles.
OK your right I was pushing material.
MAchine has a switch beside lower bobbin and it was off. feed switch daa:D
Couple of learning curves but it got done!

So did you guys see the White Bates +Pad, go on Ebay today? $810.00

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts