Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Matt builds some nice Nortons, but the price is just to high for me to. I have made most of the same mods, new forks and rebuilt the lower end on my Norton for less then $3K. But I didn't paint,polish, or rechrome my shit. I just repainted the tank, fenders, and side covers at home. I will have to go back later and repaint the frame.

CNW rebuilds some of the best Nortons around.

·
Registered
55 Posts
A complete custom rebuild for a CNW Commando is $20,500. This price assumes that you will be providing an intact donor bike. Most Norton Commandos are sound re-builders, but hidden problems may exist in the frame, transmission or engine. After a thorough inspection of your donor bike, customers are notified of the final price of the rebuild before any work commences.
That's just ridiculous. I can't imagine anyone paying that kind of money to rebuild a $4000 bike. DIY would probably save you close to 50.000 bottles of Grolsch beer.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like he's sold over 50 of them. Guess some folks have deep wallets.

Witness how many $30K + "custom choppers" there are for sale. Nothing makes much sense anymore.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I could looks at those nortons all day! I think your getting more for your money for these bikes versus a $30 thou custom chopper. I had a 71 commando a few years back that i kind of built up similar to these(of course not as nice) when the commando is set up well they are one of the best vintage bikes out there, They have performance, reliablity and lots of garage appeal. I've got to find pics of my old bike. It was the best btit bike i've ever owned. Thanks for sharing the site, Gregg

·
Registered
936 Posts
No offense but I think the price misses the mark and point. If you want to pay the price because you want something fast, spend it on a Duc. Fast and Brit - Triumph Speed Triple. Fast and Different - Agusta, Aprilia,Benelli. And to me the point of having a vintage bike is to number one, rebuild it yourself and feel the bike and history, or number two buy a nice restored or original bike and save some history. If you want something fast and old, then build it up yourself, know whats making it fast. Not blaming the guy, he's providing a service obviously that has some degree of demographic. I'm more aimed at those paying the dough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts