Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wanting to but a tig welder , thinking of the econo tig from miller. Anyone have any input on these????

·
Registered
49 Posts
b-townchops said:
wanting to but a tig welder , thinking of the econo tig from miller. Anyone have any input on these????
I used mine to weld many a thing. Welds just fine, and its not too costly...I like them

·
Registered
936 Posts
Had an EconoTIG, sold it for some quick cash I ended up not needing. Wish I never sold it. For a hobbyist, its a good deal. To replace it got an old Dayton arc weld with HF adapter, and thinking its just getting tiresome, might need to get another, but might go for the Hobart equivalent of the EconoTIG - they're basically the same.

·
Registered
49 Posts
didnt miller buy hobart??? so in essence it would be just a more affordable version of the miller built by miller??? if I am correct on the buy out.

ol_scratch said:
Had an EconoTIG, sold it for some quick cash I ended up not needing. Wish I never sold it. For a hobbyist, its a good deal. To replace it got an old Dayton arc weld with HF adapter, and thinking its just getting tiresome, might need to get another, but might go for the Hobart equivalent of the EconoTIG - they're basically the same.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
merg54 said:
didnt miller buy hobart??? so in essence it would be just a more affordable version of the miller built by miller??? if I am correct on the buy out.
true, very true...

i have an old hobart 125...mig and all, but GREAT machine... ive heard great things about their TIGs as well... good deals,. good product... its 6 of one, 1/2 a dozen of another... everyone likes what they use, LOL...

·
Registered
427 Posts
rockymtnpits said:
Fuck that Miller.. Buy a Lincoln, you wont be unhappy you did.

Trust me on this one..
I see your still lobbying Miller ayye..LOL...that's like trying to compare Snap On to Craftsman...no comparision on resale either...worked with Miller most of my welding years and still do in my shop other then the Century Snap On wire feed...Miller hands down..Heh Heh...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nah,
I have a Miller SD 180 and it's bad ass you can create anything with This TIG. I am still trying to perfect my skills but you see will this is the way to go, check out metal shapers.com they have a welding forum.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I live in Appleton. (the Home of miller) and own a couple blue welders , but my next welder will be red (lincoln)...... don't buy a tig under 180 unless you are not going to weld aluminum period............ LUKESTER

·
Registered
770 Posts
I am bout to drop some cash on a Henrob torch. Im sure a few guys have used em. I know they arent as perfect as they sound, but it sounds like a cost efective way to make welds that dont need to be grinded.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Re: Henrob

I've got a Henrob sitting on the shelf that I'll deliver for $300. (CONUS)
if anyone's interested.

Chuck, Up and Running !!!

Don't use it - trying to buy a new lathe.

tbone16 said:
I am bout to drop some cash on a Henrob torch. Im sure a few guys have used em. I know they arent as perfect as they sound, but it sounds like a cost efective way to make welds that dont need to be grinded.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts