Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i though about puttin' this in a PM, but i though other member mite have some input on this subject also.
i'm almost to the point of mountin' my rear fender. i originally was gonna mount it so it would stop at 12:00 or maybe shorter. but i was lookin' at it alot on sat and thought i mite look cool w/out a rear fender. really stripped down.
i was talkin' w/ sparky last nite and he reminded me that mikes bike was sans rear fender.
besides the obvious rain rooster tail is there any other drawbacks that i'm not seeing? i guess if i put the hammer down my ass mite get caught in the rear tire and that could suck.

anyone else done this and liked or hated it?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I love thelook.... I also have a super strong seat pan on rigid mounts from Teach that I had him give it a bunch of kick up at the back to keep me in the seat. The rooster tail sucks, but if you are not running a front fender - what the fuck....yoru getting douched either way.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Every time I see a bike w/o a rear fender, initially I think "Damn that looks cool". Then I remember a post here where someone got their nutsack caught between the tire and seat. Who posted that story?

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
i would only run without a rear fender if my seat had a kickup like that one does. my seat is on 2" springs & its mounted so it sits dead flat. my bikes got hot cams & some mild motorwork so its got a nasty powerband (feels like a two stroke) - no matter how hard i try to stay on the thing, my ass always slides off the back of the seat & hits the fender. as for as the anal/facial douche in the rain or puddles, my 12 0 clock rear fender doesnt really do shit anyway. i still get a nice wet stripe up my back. id go as far as to say that my fender is more for keeping my sack out of the rear tire tread than it is for keeping dirt & water off my back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts