Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, anyone know the relationship here and where Jireh Cycle came up with the name?
I don't use them much, but I'm a dealer for Midwest and think that it's pretty interesting that Jireh sells to the public cheaper than dealer prices. Their free shipping minimum is also less than my dealer shipping.
Also wonder about the relationship between MidWest and Mid USA since Mid USA split off from MidWest a long time ago.
Just curious.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I think Jireh may be the guys name, read something on it but cant remember for sure.

I was told that Jireh is just an office building, which seems reasonable to me since when I order, the boxs all say Midwest on em..

Most dealers of midwest parts are very pissed about the relationship.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, I've been doing some digging since the first post. The owner of MidWest Motorcycle has a son. Guess who owns Jireh. So MidWest cuts it's dealers throats to support Jireh. MidWest just got kicked down another notch on my dealer list.
Larry T

·
Registered
591 Posts
Jireh does have a showroom, just south of St. Louis, forgot the name of the town but it's pretty good size and nothing great. Big ass shipping/recieving operations out back as well.

I think somehow that Canyon Run, MidWest, MidUSA, Jireh and E & M Cycles, Fog Hollow (maybe not) all are related some how. They are all within about 30 minutes of each other. Someone here may know the relationships.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Panman51 said:
Jireh is in Fetus, Mo. I like thier pricing, soory bout that " Dealer" thing tho.
Panman,
The "Dealer" thing isn't that big of a deal. Just goes with the Summit, Jegs, and Walmarts out there. The only thing is that bugs me about the deal is that I don't think Summit, Jegs, and Walmart have a dealer network that they're basically in competition with like MidWest is.
That and the fact that it's kinda hard to hang out and BS at Jireh or Summit like you can at the local bike and speed shops.
Larry T

·
Registered
726 Posts
Larry, I hear ya, awhile back I was looking for a Spyke starter, found one on Evilbay, guy shot me a "good " price. Called Jireh, they undercut him, and he was a dealer for Midwest.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts