Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for I ideas for building a shift side mid control.

Shovel,rotary trans,Primo 1.5" open belt drive,clutch on bars,foot shift

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
First, you will need some kind of rig, possibly custom made, to mount the shifter and the foot rest to your adjustment plate. Plus a shifter shaft , that will have to be ran through that plate too. Need a bushing to run it through, and something to support the outer shift shaft, to keep it stable. The brake side is a little easier, since you can use a mid 70's FX brake unit. I see them on Egay regularly. Not sure where your MC is located, but more than likely, it will also have to be moved as well. I am sure that members will chime in, with the same or better ideas.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a FX setup on the brake side. It was fairly easy setup but this shift side has me scratching my head with the rotary top linkage

·
Administrator
7,775 Posts
I have a FX setup on the brake side. It was fairly easy setup but this shift side has me scratching my head with the rotary top linkage
Do a search, there are a couple of threads that cover this.

·
Administrator
7,775 Posts
I did but found a bunch of info on mids for a ratchet top but nothing for a rotary/cow pie 4speed. I'll look again
Yeah most are for ratchet tops, but I thought there was a thread one time on them with the rotary top?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts