Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Depends on the age of the frame. i dont think mso's were standard until the early 80's.

If its painted or powdercoated, could cause an issue in location. Mine has them on the neck, when I was at Titan, they put them on the right leg and some older ones I've seen them on the seat tube.

Best bet is to call paugcho and ask when they started to do that and where they were through the years.

800-423-2621

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Checked all the spots and nothing. I did find something on the top motor mount. It has D over No.HOLE below it. That's all. I sanded the whole frame. Thanks for all the info though. I will call Paughco in the am.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
I'm pretty sure D&D eventually morphed into Jammer. The D&D/Jammer frames look pretty similar to Paughco. The D&D stuff was all produced before anyone started putting numbers on aftermarket frames. No one back then knew what kind of title hassles we'd be having today.

Your absolutely legal options at this point are to either put a pre '70 titled engine in the frame, or put the bike together and have the state assign you a VIN (which will make it a special construction, or self assembled, or whatever they call it in your state.)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got the maker straightened out. Now for the parts. Is there anywhere to figure out what rear axle to use? Neck bearing cups? Are they all the same diameter into the frame? And how to determine rake and stretch? Sorry to be a bother. But have been out of building for a while and it's changed so much. It is a big twin frame. I know it won't accept the standard trans plate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.