Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I run a hand control Front brake cylinder on my handlebars....with a long ass hydraulic line all the way down to my rear brake.

I cant seem to get the fluid to get to the brake. I can feel air pressure come out of the line....

Heres the thing......I unhooked all of the lines and tested my hand control.

When putting my finger over the hole on the hand control itself, it wants to try and push my finger off.....BUT it does not squirt ANY fluid out...

So why would a hand control push air out, but not the fluid???

Help this baby get down the road....please

·
Registered
192 Posts
Master cylinder needs dissassembly, cleaning and a rebuild kit putting in it. And make sure the two tiny holed from the reservoir to the m/cyl itself are clear. May even need to hone the m/cyl bore.

·
Registered
8 Posts
another thing to be aware of: how old are your hydraulic hoses. I've seen them swell internally to the extent that they pinched off the passage of fluid but can still squeeze some air thru. Externally the hose can look OK.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
The inlet port and breather port are clogged up. A tip cleaner will clean them out, fill with fluid, and see if it squirts. If it does, you may not need a kit. Remember, for that long a line, it will take some time to bleed. I would pre fill the line, attach at the caliper and then top off the line. Attach to the mc and bleed. Tap the line, shake it and shock it while bleeding and the bubbles will move.

·
Registered
172 Posts
The inlet port and breather port are clogged up. A tip cleaner will clean them out, fill with fluid, and see if it squirts. If it does, you may not need a kit. Remember, for that long a line, it will take some time to bleed. I would pre fill the line, attach at the caliper and then top off the line. Attach to the mc and bleed. Tap the line, shake it and shock it while bleeding and the bubbles will move.
nice simple explanation, this post is probably worth moving to tech

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
nice simple explanation, this post is probably worth moving to tech
Send my royalties to Shovithead, 74 HD Drive, Harleyville, Davidson, 74747

But seriously, this is common knowledge, and probably already there in another tech thread.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks guys....this was my first dealing with a master cylinder....had always used drums in the past. thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts