Jockey Journal Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't post on here very often, because quite frankly I don't have anything to add but I do allot of reading from the guys that know there shit and I have learned some very valuable lessons. Recently I have witnessed the demise of the JJ, it started with post's about twin cams and I'm sure it won't be long till we have the "what oil should I use" post's. Moderator's and old members are already bailing. I'm going to stick around just to watch the train wreck but something tells me it's not going to be pretty. To all you guys that made this site what it is, my hat's off to you. it's been a good ride. I just wish it wasn't over.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have to agree but i own a twin cam but that's not my passion! My ironhead is an any thing thats old an home built, I to Miss Dragon, he was a great person who i mailed to with questions an such, great to talk with, But i also have to agree its going down hill fast with no brakes!!

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Dragon had a vision of what the forum here should be and he spent a LOT of time steering the forum in that direction. His vision aligned with the mission statement as far as forum content goes - vintage bikes only, no Jap stuff. Posts about Twincams and "what kind of oil should I use, dude?" are nothing new here. In the past they got shut down or pushed away. The contributing members of this or any other forum are what gives it its life. The mods steer it. To me, this forum consists of doers or talkers, and givers or takers. Any one of us can be in either of those categories. We can surely moan about what it "was", but we just as surely make it what it "is". The only question is, what do you want to do?
This reply is not a rebuke, and in some cases (many, I hope!) it will be interpreted as preaching to the choir.

Best Regards,
Geo.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I am with Geo!

I have not been on in some time as I have had other endeavors happening, and no time to play on here. I got the word from Dragstew that this place was a changing. I hope the only thing that changes is ownership, and the very deserving of a day off mods. this place is one of the single greatest forums I have found, and I always find my way back here. I know many o you by reputation, and by post, and hope to meet all of you down the road.

I miss Dragon too, and I can hear him yellin "Dammit!" at the top of his lungs! I can tell you he would say for us all to quit our bellyachin about the new onwership, and see what happens....then make the decision to bail out. the mods steer the forum, but the membership can steer the ownership if we use tact about it. there is no reason we can't have what we already have here, and allow them a venue to make a buck too. There is a way to keep EVERYONE happy if we are all tactful about how we post our positions.

Dammit, I miss Dragon! While many of you knew him as a poster and mod here, I knew him personally for many years.

Doc

·
Registered
283 Posts
I don't post much here anymore,and I don't miss dragon,to me he was a prick from my intro on.After being proven wrong,instead of manning up ,he simply deleted his comments.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
I don't post much here anymore,and I don't miss dragon,to me he was a prick from my intro on.After being proven wrong,instead of manning up ,he simply deleted his comments.
that was probl. when he was sick already
because i knew him as an honest guy who had no problem with admitting that he was wrong when he was !!

just think he had chosen to delete because he dind't had the energy anymore to do otherwise .....

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Dragon didn't have any trouble keeping things on topic, took the time to consolidate redundant threads, etc.

I never had any trouble with him, but I guess we kinda thought alike.

Yep, he deleted quite a few posts/threads, but I think I've seen more threads deleted (that I don't have a clue why) since he's been gone than while he was here.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.