Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tim, who lives just north of Dallas, brought his bike over to me on Saturday to make some changes to the look of its rear end. It was previously running a front fender off another bike (Triumph?) as the rear fender, and it was spaced way off of the tire.

I changed the rear fender to a '36 Ford spare tire ring, built him an adjustable sissy bar/ fender brace, built a bottom mount for the fender, made some mounts and a front seat bracket for his new Fatlucky's seat, and built him a new license plate/ taillight bracket....changing to an original '36 Ford taillight in the process.

Here's a before shot of how the bike looked when he got it:

During the transformation:

Sissy bar in progress:

After:

DISCLAIMER: I know that the paint job on the tank is a variation of The Harpoon/ Chopperdave design....I didn't have anything to do with it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
New tag bracket and light:

Fatlucky's seat and seat mounts (sorry, kinda shitty picture):

His future plans for the bike are to switch over to a 21" spool in the front and maybe cut down the springer until he can afford to change the front end over to a HD 45 springer.

I think it's a pretty cool bike....it's funky if nothing else.

-Brian

·
Registered
554 Posts
Definitely an improvement ! Looks good.I just wanted to start "moaning" about the rockers and making the front fit with the restyled rear but then you posted some more pics and said he wants to shorten the fork...that's good !

What material did you use for the fender brace ? Solid or tube ? Thanks !

·
Registered
374 Posts
Tony Bones said:
diamond dave, Diamond Dave, DIAMOND DAVE!
Yes, this is like copy numero 6 or 7 now. and to think i had the idea while I was in the shower and drew out the design in the steamed windows 3 years ago.

·
Registered
504 Posts
sweet. i love your style bass.

where did you get that tail light?

·
Registered
261 Posts
how are these people finding you bass? are you advertising somewhere?

Bass said:
Tim, who lives just north of Dallas, brought his bike over to me on Saturday to make some changes to the look of its rear end. It was previously running a front fender off another bike (Triumph?) as the rear fender, and it was spaced way off of the tire.

I changed the rear fender to a '36 Ford spare tire ring, built him an adjustable sissy bar/ fender brace, built a bottom mount for the fender, made some mounts and a front seat bracket for his new Fatlucky's seat, and built him a new license plate/ taillight bracket....changing to an original '36 Ford taillight in the process.

Sissy bar in progress:

After:

DISCLAIMER: I know that the paint job on the tank is a variation of The Harpoon/ Chopperdave design....I didn't have anything to do with it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks Harpoon...I appreciate it. I informed Tim of the origins of the paint sheme...he had no idea, oddly enough. It's so good that it's gonna keep getting copied too...you should be flattered (my honest opinion).

Frenz, the sissy bar is 1/2" OD tubing.

Snorton...the taillight was in my parts stash. It's an original 1936 part, just like the fender.

Jeff...no advertising, just word of mouth I guess. Anybody can drop by the shop, but I try to keep it by appointment whenever possible.

Thanks fellas....

·
Registered
261 Posts
thats cool. Hey, send me the address. I'd like to stop by some time and meet the man himself. I see you at all the swaps but never say anything. My shrink says I should be more friendly!:)
Bass said:
Jeff...no advertising, just word of mouth I guess. Anybody can drop by the shop, but I try to keep it by appointment whenever possible.

Thanks fellas....

·
Registered
618 Posts
i think both setups look great...
i don't mind the raised fender, it would look good running a 18" or 19" rear with a 4" wide tire, IMO

-AJ

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Just out of professional curiosity, what was his bill? e-mail me [email protected] if you don't want to share it with everyone.
Bass said:

Sissy bar in progress:

After:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
myke said:
What is that peice that you are using over the fender on the sissy bar?

Nice work on the sissy bar and fender.
Thanks...it's top secret! :)

Not really...but I'm thinking about making a few to sell.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Flyin' Dutchman said:
Now go cut those mounting plates for the motor/footpegs!! :D
Hahaha....I told him he needed to do that! I guess we think a lot alike.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts