Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Making barrels for Triumph twins, quick change sleeves for top fuel and nikasil plated for street or roadrace. Will test my prototype with my topfuel motors, if I like them and if I have time they will be available.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
So... exactly when do you plan on launching one of your bikes into outer space??
I KNOW it is just a matter of time!!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Very nice. How do you like Fusion 360?
I'm using rhino for the last 20 years and you can run the T-Splines Plug-in for Rhino and it is the same as fusion, I like it but rhino has specific features/plugins supporting hydrodynamics, marine type design work.

How does a quick-change sleeve work?
It is not press fit, the design allows you to replace the sleeves easily. Top fuel and some other type of racing engines use these type of sleeves.

So... exactly when do you plan on launching one of your bikes into outer space??
I KNOW it is just a matter of time!!
Working on it :))))

Very cool. Just out of curiosity, did you make any changes to the stock jug dimensions to account for the different material characteristics?
The first prototype will look exactly like the original barrel.

Thanks

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Interesting idea..For prduction, are you going to machine from billet or cast the cylinders?
I'm just going to make some billet cylinders for my own racing engines first.

OK, "beautiful" is an inadequate word, but it's beautiful! Carry on!
(I am slowly learning Fusion 360. So far so good, but I really need to invest more time.)
Thanks Phlogisticated, my machinist gets the credit for the machine work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts