Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be leaving the rigid 650 at home & riding the 04 speed triple. im heading out towards gettysburg pa, from my house in oaklyn, nj. then ill be working my way down to the beginning of skyline drive. from there, ill be riding all of skyline drive to the blue ridge parkway. these two roads combined should be around 600 miles of isolated twisty mountain ridge riding crossing VA & a majority of NC. ill be camping out along the way, probably once along the blue ridge & then again in the smokey mtn national park at the end of the blue ridge parkway. from there ill be heading out to deals gap (118 turns in 11 miles - FYI) & ill venture into TN for a few hundred miles before making my way to Acworth, GA to stay with a couple friends who just bought a house down there. im debating if i should take the same route back, which im sure will not be boring because its just twisty mountain roads for hundreds of miles, or i could head east & ride some coastal roads back to jersey. either way, im stoked - i have 6 days of vacation already lined up & the bike is being prepped this week. this year, im traveling alone.

last year i rode to niagra falls & toronto with a couple of friends & we fought throughout a majority of the trip. basically sucked, aside from the riding & scenery. neither one of them have talked to me more than a couple of times since last year, so this year, i want a drama free vacation. id rather have a good time, just me & my triumph without all the bullshit bickering & mood swings.

im real stoked because im getting to ride some of americas best roads. ill be sure to post some pics when i get back. wish me luck!

·
TI_Tuesday
1,444 Posts
pm me for stuff to do and look for. i'm very familar with the skyline drive http://www.nps.gov/shen/ and i've done deal's gap twice. i've logged tons of miles on the east coast and the smokey mountains provide some of the best riding. the 80mph sweaping curves are sick.

actually test rode a speed triple in ashville, nc. great bike.

then there was the time tom and i rode from ashville to dc and it was so fn hot the wind hurt. i'm pretty sure not one car or bike passed us for a few hundred miles. oh yeah, we stopped at my in-laws (about half-way home), i started driking beer, ended up stayin the night and tom finished the trip in one day.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah man, ill have to hit you up for some cool spots to check out. im into finding crazy lakes & streams on the side of the road & taking a dip for a while. i had to make sure, when i bought the triple, that i could fit shorts & a towel under the seat.

i know what youre saying about the waaay too hot days man. one time, we were riding back from montauk long island down the turnpike & it was about 105 degrees. i felt like i had my face in an oven for 3 hours. when i got home, i slept for an entire day.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I've ridden the entire length of the Skyline & BRP in both directions. Great ride.

Be careful. Most of it is posted 45 mph, so it's real easy to get a 20 over ticket, and it's a Federal violation.

Don't pass any gas stations if your running a small fuel tank.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.