Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone out there might be able to help me with a wiring diagram? I'm using a hunt mag on a unit construction Trump and am having trouble finding the right info. I have searched the threads and cannot find the exact info I need. I think I have it right, but just wanting to double check. It's a simple set up, magneto, battery eliminator, head light, tail light and brake switch. From mag to switch to positive on the eliminator to ground from positive. Now this is where I'm a little lost, obviously I would run from positive on the battery to a brake switch to the tail light and then to ground or negative, do I do the same with the eliminator? Positive and negative the same, or are they switched? I have also read that a rectifier/regulator is neccessary, but i have also read that it isnt, can anyone shed some light on this also? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Brett

·
Registered
296 Posts
No! The mag is a stand alone unit. Mag to spark plugs and that's it. If you run a kill switch it runs from the mag to a switch to ground + or -, whatever ground you use. The battery eliminator is a capacitor. It stores volts when the generator is under charging rpms. So it's genny, battery eliminator, everything else. All it does is prevent low rpm surging or fluctuating of your lights (brakes, running). As soon as you spin up the motor your system runs off the generator and the eliminator charges back up. If you sit long enough at idle the eliminator discharges and your lights surge. If you run any kind if hot lead to your mag, you've killed it. For good.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Skibo, that sounds like the way it should be, the instructions from Joe hunt conflict with this info however, it shows that the magneto should run to the positive on the battery eliminator, I am positive I haven't miss read the info, can you comment further on that?

·
Registered
833 Posts
From alternator to Boyer Power box one wire to ground, one wire to fuse block to headlight, horn and tail/brake light. Main power to fuse block is fused and all circuts run on their own fuse. Kill switch/keyed igintion switch from the single wire out of the Hunt mag. Do not add power to the Hunt mag or you will fuck it all up.
Also run a small battery (12 volt) or else your horn and brake light won't work proper at idle.
I run a small 12 V battery that is actually made for security camera so I can run my brake light and horn. They are about $15 and very small, about half the size of a Big Mac box.

http://hiendsecurity.com/volt-battery-p-18.html
That is all.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, that's more info than I hoped for. Have sorted it all out. I was confused as the instructions conflicted to what I had been told. Will let you know and post some photos as I will try and start in the next few day. Thanks again, much appreciated.
Brett

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.