Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We had a few stragglers but when it came down to it seven hearty souls completed every single mile, including bonus tracks, of this very first Texas Chainlube Massacre. It was a great group of skilled riders and not one single whine was heard, even when I lied to them about there being no more gravel. It was also a great mix of bikes, German, Italian, Russian, Japanese and American. No British this time but I don't think we could have carried enough oil to accomodate one anyway. A big thanks goes to Dammit Dave for driving the support truck on the first day. And another goes to Ural sidehack driver Brian for using his hack as support truck on day two when Dave had to leave.

I think this picture does a good job of summing things up...

or maybe this one...

or maybe this one...

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If you look real close you can see Beky is flipping me off for lying about there being no more gravel, hahahahaha...

Wes, who rode 100 miles to be on this ride, then another 100 back home, after 500 in two days, begging for no more gravel. I went ahead and told them that was it, hahahahahahahaa, suckers...

Ahhhhh the road is good...

Some good friends were made this weekend, thanks everybody for being so badass. In the end the only mechanicals were the two Harleys lost their headlights and I lost my low beam. Maybe we'll call it the Texas Headlight Massacre next time. Sure was fun rolling in to town in the dark.

Did I mention that Big Al is a MAN.

More pics are here...
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v296/evilfirbolg/Texas%20Chainlube%20Massacre/TCM1/

·
Registered
376 Posts
congrats folks. sounds like a good time was had by all. wish i could have participated, but other plans had been made even before this was announced.

sherry and i did put on over 500 miles saturday riding two-up, though. and another 300 or so sunday. we were riding around the east tennessee smokey mountains a lot last week and got home last night.

·
Registered
770 Posts
dude, i feel like a real sellout for not goin. My boss wasnt havin it after all the vacation time I allready took. Fuck, i even got my TW all ready, im realy gonna make another effort for november, my bike might even be legal then.

Who the baller on the pan in the mud, that fool looks rad.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I am a kook.
Had stuff here...(my annual party...Lewd played poolside...150 heads)....and thought I'd make it in Sept. Now I have Touch and Go tickets for the weekend I was gonna go to Austin...fuck.
Big Black, Scratch Acid, Killdozer, Didjits, Calexico...shite!
Looks like I gotsta set-up a special trip to see ya, Crow.
Mebbe a weekend you are playin'......
Happy B-Day brother!!!!

·
Registered
825 Posts
I finally made it home!!! Thank for posting the pics!!!!!! I had so much FUN!!! My ass is still a little sore. I was a little nervous about the jockey shift in the rough spots but it was great!

I am glad my suicide "Front end" made it, ha ha ha

I think the gravel was my favorite part!!

I am leaving for new mexico in the morning....catch y'all in a couple weeks..

BTW Crow, thatnks for setting it all up, I loved riding worry free, and the routes were PERFECT!!! The last stretch was just a nice cherry on top. Hope to do it again in Nov!!!!!

More creek crossings!!!

If you don't ride em, shut the fuck up!!!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ed, those bars came offa GT750 chopper that Sawsall was building for a customer. Bek always loved 'em so we tried 'em on the Duc. They'll go back on the chopper when I get a chance to finish it.

The next Massacre will probably be a three-dayer, first or second weekend in November. The reason for three days is the distance. We will ride to Leakey on day 1, ride around those beautiful roads and visit the bike museum in Vanderpool on day 2, then ride some more sweet roads, visit Lost Maples and rcome back to Austin on day 3. I am still trying to work it out so I will keep everyone posted. Trying to make this one even more modular so we'll see.

·
Registered
936 Posts
FUCK, my Duc would weep at the prospects of having to do slow, dirt driving. Hell the way she's tuned, she weeps at city streets. I stand impressed.

Looks like fun actually. Looks like a lot of fun was had for sure.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ol_scratch said:
FUCK, my Duc would weep at the prospects of having to do slow, dirt driving. Hell the way she's tuned, she weeps at city streets. I stand impressed.

Looks like fun actually. Looks like a lot of fun was had for sure.
Who said anything about "slow dirt driving"? The only way to cope with washboard is to haul ass, lean back and get the front wheel up, ride the crests like whoopdies. And slide the corners.

And oh yeah, that Ural sidecar rocked. Saved our ass actually when we lost the chase truck. The most important thing was having a cooler for liquids and he carried it for us AND blasted the dirt. He even passed me once.

And Mitch, I got the print and it is beautiful. Truth is though the only cranial/rectal inversion on this ride was me; I forgot to bring a gas can. Maybe I'll save it for the next one.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts