Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you build it, they will come?

The Jockey Journal.

Nice to be first crew plankowners. I am hoping that it will have the same success that the HAMB has enjoyed. If it can get to the same level of participation, truly it will have influence, just like the HAMB.

I am hoping that motorcycle mag writers and motorcycle parts vendors will go to it and read. If you think the hotrod industry is filled with overpriced yet sub-quality parts, then I invite you to look at any motorcycle parts catalog. They have the same billet goldchainer problem, but with bikes it is even more tasteless, or should I say plain vanilla. I don't know, seems like fads truly rule in biking. I like spokes, not some flashy wheel with daggers, blades, or my favorite passe' item, tribal anything on them. The guys who can afford to buy that shit and actually do buy that shit are only showing off wealth.

I wonder how many 230 tired, billet buggys are owned by HA, Outlaws, Mongols, or Banditos....

·
Registered
421 Posts
El Caballo said:
I am hoping that motorcycle mag writers and motorcycle parts vendors will go to it and read. If you think the hotrod industry is filled with overpriced yet sub-quality parts, then I invite you to look at any motorcycle parts catalog.
From what I understand, the hot rod marketing 'powers that be' pay attention to the HAMB. Although with 'traditional' now becoming a fad that may be seen as a double edged sword.

I think if we make this a relatively drama free, technically accurate, and innovative board then we will get the same attention.

Plus, it's my belief that real riders are (and have been) ready to begin to reverse the RUB trend and get serious about machines again.

El Caballo said:
I like spokes, not some flashy wheel with daggers, blades, or my favorite passe' item, tribal anything on them. The guys who can afford to buy that shit and actually do buy that shit are only showing off wealth.
I think a lot of people misunderstand what 'show bike' means. Largely it used to be a way to represent cool, useful mechanical innovations, finishes, and ideas but through the years, auto and bike shows have become contests of visual one-upsmanship, leading to an aftermarket chock full of fairly useless 'shiny things' to weld, bolt, and god forbid...glue on a motorcycle. If we can return to some flavor of 'form following function' then I think we get motorcycle building back on the right track. Then, hopefully, how well your bike works will become just as important to the RUBs as how it looks.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RUB? Not hip to that. Rubber Under Butt? Rubber Uber Besetzung?

I hear you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts