Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 71 Triumph 500 and am getting rid of most the electrical stuff for a Hunt mag set up. Goblin is building it for me. Anyone have any advice on what to keep and what not to or what else to use too like mitymax or capacitor stuff too help system out. I want it minimal but definitely reliable.
Thanks for any comments!

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
im building a 650 with a hunt mag, just keep your charging system with maybe a capacitor/"battery eliminator" to and thats it...i doubt ill even run one of them.

i will never, ever, ever, not run a magneto on a bike. maybe im just retarded but magnetos are so much easier to me, and ill have a total of 2 wire runs, one from headlight to charging system, and one from taillight to charging system (of course with a brake light switch too) but no other switches, or anything.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I run a mag with a mite max, gotta convert the current out of the stator.
caffeine said:
im building a 650 with a hunt mag, just keep your charging system with maybe a capacitor/"battery eliminator" to and thats it...i doubt ill even run one of them.

i will never, ever, ever, not run a magneto on a bike. maybe im just retarded but magnetos are so much easier to me, and ill have a total of 2 wire runs, one from headlight to charging system, and one from taillight to charging system (of course with a brake light switch too) but no other switches, or anything.

·
Registered
853 Posts
The magneto will take care of running the engine. You still need a charging system for your lights. I'd run a tympanium (rectifier/regulator) and a capacitor (battery eliminator). Wire it up hard so that when the engine starts, you have lights. Simplest setup you can have.

Oklahoma said:
I have a 71 Triumph 500 and am getting rid of most the electrical stuff for a Hunt mag set up. Goblin is building it for me. Anyone have any advice on what to keep and what not to or what else to use too like mitymax or capacitor stuff too help system out. I want it minimal but definitely reliable.
Thanks for any comments!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.