Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was giving my girlfreind a ride home the other day and saw this bike. I couldn't believe it knowing how rare those farings are! Someone did a great job on building a clone.

·
Registered
361 Posts
max wedge said:
I was giving my girlfreind a ride home the other day and saw this bike. I couldn't believe it knowing how rare those farings are! Someone did a great job on building a clone.

Mad Max one of the coolest movies ever made. I loved Goose's bike, those kz 1000 are asome bikes. Where was the bike at? Did you get to talk to the owner? That front fairing kicks ass.Gregg

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
greggski said:
Mad Max one of the coolest movies ever made. I loved Goose's bike, those kz 1000 are asome bikes. Where was the bike at? Did you get to talk to the owner? That front fairing kicks ass.Gregg
I seen it just south of madison (WI).
Kondalini where's Johnny the boy?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Neat-o. I wonder he rides it around? What event were you at, and how'd I miss it?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bugman said:
Neat-o. I wonder he rides it around? What event were you at, and how'd I miss it?
I actully seen it in madison, that pic was taken by my old roomate @ the Dickyville hillclimb near platteville.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Bugman said:
keeo your eye out for that bike! I would like to get more info and picts of that bike.Thanks Gregg

·
Registered
73 Posts
Goose's bike is the one that made me want a KZ-1000 years ago...mine wasn't quite that radical looking, but it WAS a blast to ride! I still rewind and watch the "burnout scene" in that movie about six times everytime I pop that tape into the VCR!!!

"Yeah...he sings...and I tap dance!"

:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fat Hack said:
Goose's bike is the one that made me want a KZ-1000 years ago...mine wasn't quite that radical looking, but it WAS a blast to ride! I still rewind and watch the "burnout scene" in that movie about six times everytime I pop that tape into the VCR!!!

"Yeah...he sings...and I tap dance!"

:cool:
I was looking for a 1000 for a while then realized I've been driving by a 550 every day at my friends shop...he gave it to me!

·
Registered
361 Posts
max wedge said:
I was looking for a 1000 for a while then realized I've been driving by a 550 every day at my friends shop...he gave it to me!
i'm an asshole with or without an opinion! Nice bike, the z 1000 kawis are getting hard to find and the early ones (z1s) are getting out of hand pricewise . Gregg

·
Registered
617 Posts
So I guess you're the owner of the Goose bike? Nice work in the reproduction. I think the fairing is definitely an aquired taste. I wouldn't own it, but I give you two thumbs way up for making it happen, because I love the bike and the movie.

Mitch

·
Registered
6 Posts
mcotie said:
So I guess you're the owner of the Goose bike? Nice work in the reproduction. I think the fairing is definitely an aquired taste. I wouldn't own it, but I give you two thumbs way up for making it happen, because I love the bike and the movie.

Mitch
What? You contradicted yourself My friend.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Thegoose said:
What? You contradicted yourself My friend.
contradicted? I said an "aquired taste" because not everyone likes the awkward fairing, myself included. But I still like the bike. I like it for what it is. If it was on a different bike, different color, whatever, it would not be the same. Just like the corvette form "Corvette Summer"; funky looking car if you look at it too hard, but overall still a cool car.

hopefully that makes sense. otherwise you can have my screen name changed to "mcontradictator" . welcome to the forum.

mitch

1 - 20 of 30 Posts