Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I havent really paid attention and a lot of the details you guys see and note are new to me, so, you saying dorky makes me go and look at other chain drive bikes and see what their rear gears look like.
[went out to the garage]
I've got two chain drive bikes and one belt drive......the gears look plain and blah, I kinda like the dress up appearance of the conversion pulley.

·
Registered
726 Posts
hoffman said:
i think that looks a little dorky, sorry dude. i mean, if you dig it, then great, but...........

"fuck a chain conversion" i did mine with a $25 dollar wheel sprocket, a 50 dollar engine sprocket, the spacer from an older evo that came chain drive from the factory, and a $50 chain.

then sold my belt drive crap for $65 on ebay. a bargain for losing that lame "looking" belt.

just my .02. good luck whatever you do!
Do you remember the tooth number on the sprockets you used?

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Polock- I asked the Baytown Greaser the exact same thing, when I get an answer I'll post it here. I just bought the front sprocket and spacer from Zipper's. 23T front and he suggested 52T rear. The first guy I talked was a total FUCKING PRICK, but I called back later and spoke with Patrick who was cool.

They wanted $90 for their PBI Aluminum sprocket, but you can get steel for half that which is what I'll do. I plan on 51T, this will get me close to the stock ratio (it's an 883 btw).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts