Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend has a '02 1200 Custom Sporty and she wants to lower it some more. She's only 5'2" and she already had the progressive 11" shocks and a lower profile seat installed before I met her. Short of buying the 10" shocks is there a kit that will work with the 11" shocks to lower the mounting position? Or does anyone know of a lower profile tire that can replace the stock?

Thanks for any help...

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I'm not an evo sporty guy but you might see if a hugger swingarm would lower it. the early huggers had a longer swingarm with the shock mounts repositioned back which lowers the bike. I'm not sure about the newer ones. I could be dead wrong on this one.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the help. I feel bad for her because she has the Sporty sitting in the garage with on 1200 miles on it from when she bought it! She rides this little Honda Rebel 250 and she looks like the wind can knock her down.

I'll look at the JP Cycles brackets again. Some are made for stock shocks which may bring it back to it's current height with the 11" progressives. I need to find out if any of the brackets work with those shocks.

No one makes a low profile tire for a 16" huh?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts