Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Looks good, but if you ride at all hard, it won't be long before you find out why they call those "drag" pipes.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Near perfect in my book. If sparks fly- let em fly. It adds character!

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
It looks great. But my motto, is function, over form. In other words, it it makes it drag the ground, it is a potential wreck. I don't think I will get anyone to say that wrecking is good. If you have ever turned to the right and had the rear tire come off the ground, even once, the lesson has been learned. If you want the low stance, I say you get some pipes that sit a little higher. But then, that is my opinion, and it is not my bike.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Like I said ive put over a hundred miles on it so far no clearance issues.Did anybody read the post or just look at the pics? it's not as low as it looks . Granted I dont use it to jump schoolbusses or ride it like a sportbike I use it 60 miles a day roundtrip as my commuter and also use it for some blvd cruisin and even abit in the twisties but this is my 3rd shovel and I dont push the bike beyond it's limits it's a 33 year old 4 speed shovel with banana brakes hahaah! I know there are alot of guys who are running 11" shocks without issue and even 10''s in many cases. post pics if ya got em of your low fl's

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Texas Rattler, I agree !I put a set of these on my 76 that I sold last year and it changes the whole look of the bike ,not to mention the center of gravity!

·
Registered
74 Posts
That's a ground pounder all right! Not in terms of scraping but being low slung and ready to fight. Great finished piece - enjoy the hell out of that beast!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Re: Looks frikkin; tight!

However, watch that inner primary. The angle of the dangle makes the chain eat on the primary every time you go over even a medium size bump. I finally put mine back at stock ride height, repaired my inner primary, put on a chain tensioner, and made a steel shoe to protect my inner primary.

I got sick and tired of the chain eatin my inner, can you tell?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts