Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever get a wobble from the front wheel when taking off from a dead stop or as your about to come to a stop? Lasts for about a second and then goes away but it's pretty bad wobble for that split second.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Is your axel spacers loading your bearings right? Is it a spoke wheel? Are the spokes tight? I don't think this is it but did you set fall away on your front end. tim

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, I have the fall away set. And it's a mag wheel. But what do you mean by axle spacers loading my bearings? You mean my spacers set properly?

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Some problems that I've seen that caused a low speed wobble were brenneled (sp?) neck races on a couple of bikes and a bad tire (sat flat for a year) on another customers bike.
As far as setting fall away, I wouldn't think the factory method would work on a bike that was raked and/or had an extended front end.
What bike are you working on?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Between the bearing inside the hub is the spacer. No rake on this bike. Tire is brand new and is seated perfectly on the rim. Took it out for a run today and tried every type of riding there is and it only does it at about 1mph. The rest of the time it's fine.

Never let go of your beer!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I sometimes get a low speed wobble but it is when I am going really slow, creeping. It usually happens when I 'm coming up to a light that I don't want to stop for, like on an incline so I slow down well ahead and just creep up. But the light dosen't turn when expected and I keep holding out hope that it will. At this point there is usually a running dialogue in my head that goes "jesus fucking christ would you just go green you goddamn cocksucker" and at that point I will get a wobble. I 've had it happen in stop and go traffic when the clutch is hot as balls and I just want to keep a slow creep but the motherfucker in front of me keeps jamming on his brakes. I got a dialogue for that too but it is much the same as above except for a few different explitives describing the cunt in front of me and the overall traffic situation.

I always chocked it up to loss of cintrifugal force and the bike just wanting to fall over. Like she's tired and wants to take a nap. That and pilot error. I have found a cure for some of it. It's called a brake down lane and a fistfull of throttle usually followed by grabbing gears and repeat.

If this is not what you are referring to then oh well. I tried.

Sean.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts