Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here know a good place in the Midwest, I'm in Ft. Wayne IN, to have the jug off of my triumph 650 media blasted. It crusty and paint peeling so I want to pretty it up. A local place estimated about $100 for the job. Anyone here beat that or recommend a reputable place. Would like to be fairly close to keep shipping costs down. Thanks.

Matt

·
Registered
294 Posts
Price Sounds fair, providing they mask off the sweet spots, threads/valve seats gasket area etc.
MAke shure you wash it extra/super good after.

You can get sandblast mask at a Vinyl supply shop, Elec tape works but edge will shred rather quickly.
Here's My cases with sweet spots masked, ready to blast.
MAsks are computer cut templates of the gaskets.
This allowed blasting upto gasket true edge.
Little extream:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
427 Posts
mattyoung52683 said:
Anyone here know a good place in the Midwest, I'm in Ft. Wayne IN, to have the jug off of my triumph 650 media blasted. It crusty and paint peeling so I want to pretty it up. A local place estimated about $100 for the job. Anyone here beat that or recommend a reputable place. Would like to be fairly close to keep shipping costs down. Thanks.

Matt
Matt PM sent...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.