Jockey Journal Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at buying a 73 shovel with an S&S engine, I'm not sure what size the engine is or how old it is, the problem is that it is missing the rear head. how someone loses a head is beyond me but it happened, the part number on the front head is 90-1020f and i can't find any info on these anywhere on the net. i don't recall the full part number on the cylinders but i do know it ended in -80 does this mean it's an 80 incher? any info on this engine or where to buy a rear head would be great!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
this is the style engine it is. the pic is a 93"

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
If its all S&S have you considered grabbing the engine number and contacting S&S? When ive dealt with them in the past they have been very helpful...

If there is a head missing, I'd run the numbers too, just in case its hot.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't contacted them yet, I've tried looking up this part number to no avail. they must be discontinued. I would like to locate one without having to pay retail on a set of New heads but sometimes you just gotta do what ya gotta do.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did register for their forum but I'm waiting approval from a moderator.

·
Registered
195 Posts
if the cylinders are factory harley, then a -80 part number would say the cylinders are 80 cubic inch. The -80 doesn't state 80 ci it states the first year used was 1980, that happen to also be the first full year of 80 ci motors. 1979 was a half year for alot of things. 80ci being one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah i know the -xx means the year on Harley parts, the engine is completely S&S no stock Harley parts at all. but thanks for the info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.