Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building a '57 Sporty clone with my '59 engine. I want to paint it the gold and white the '57 Sportster HD has in the museum. I believe this was actually a rare '58 color?? And help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I paint. I had my paint store call PPG and got nowhere. A chip, if correct, could be color matched, that would work. I'm not interested in buy AE or lacquer, so I need the formula or a chip.

·
Registered
528 Posts
If you have no luck. keep me in mind. I may have some contacts out West. Do you have the white handled?

The gold may be a discontiued formula and crosses over to close fleet color also.

Are you going BC/CC ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Definitely going to have the formula converted to a BC/CC deal. I do that a lot, so no worry there.I figured the white was Birch White . . more common. No ?? I had someone else tell me it was probably a fleet color they used, but didn't know which one for sure. Not many golds were done in the 50s on cars and trucks. I found a '56 or '57 Cadillac gold and of course my '68 Mustang is gold :) But not many choices. Thanks for your comments.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Maybe give the Wheels Through Time museum in NC a call. I know the owner has an original HD paint chip Rolodex and he may have had it matched at one time...or not. They do a lot of builds there and I think one of the employees is the painter for the museum. Might be worth a try.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How does '56 Chrysler Nugget Gold and '57 Ford Colonial White sound for the Harley Gold and White used on the museum '57 Sportster?? I believe that may be what they used.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts