Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there building or have bikes that we can set up a few match races with for vintage national drag races we need to have a few shovels a couple more sportys gas and fuel and of course more brit bikes Tri. Norton, Bsa and any other old bikes would like to set up a few races for some tracks that have been asking for a show during one of there event.
Id like to find a few of the triumph guys myself and another knuck so Lee from Lees speed shop has competion on his 47 knuk I should have one fuel triumph going and have one gaser now looking for bikes and riders for vintage nationals also need a few v8 bikes for next years show

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well cool thats a start, had both of those bikes at first vintage nationals
we had fun but did not have enough of any one type of bike to have a good race except for fuel sportys really have to try and figure out how to get bikes there were you at bocephes theres a track in south east missouri that called me and wants to have some of us there to race and have a few races told him not much time but will try Hes having and all bike event and wanted some older bikes there. not sponsered by NVMDRA but might be a few of us there but for next year were trying to get things a little more organized for good races PM me and Im gonna start thread soon for folks to start listing bikes and if they want to run ,how far theyll travel what kind of payout would be good for winner rasing money now for next years races I need a few Triumph guys to get on board.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sure you can use any cases you want were getting up a forum Ill post tomarrow for anyone thats interested in building street or dragbikes I know if your building a knuck you should talk to Lee whitstrom from Lees speed shop in mins. look on National Vintage Motorcycle Drag Racing Ass. web page and click his shop saw some of his work and his 47 knuck cool shit

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea me to, I know a few big time bikes Im working on getting old and new just want to have a good old meet I have a blog on NVMDRA web page and have a buillton board for just guys who want to race and build a bike
Hell half of the bobbers if you put a set of bars on are dragbikes thats were it all started I think, take shit off and go race street bikes can be a great start

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ya we had meets like that up in cleveland oh. a blast thats what Im trying to do is have good old meets and also get some bikes out, on my web page have got a couple fuel sportys lined up and maybe a few knuks now thats cool but havent found many triumph or brit bike guys I know were there are bikes but cant get them to come out yet might have to have some sort of purse.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hiya skinner, just got your pm yesterday....from February!

Time has a way of slipping away so to speak.

I have a 1972 Ironhead, 74 c.i. in a smith and fetrow frame, used to run it in M/XL. I also have a 1972 Ironhead, 96 c.i., B/F bike.

The M/XL just needs a top end and could be ready to run. Best its ever done is a 9.90. The B/F bike needs a bit more. Pistons, brakes, and ignition primarily. A few other odds and ends. Do you have any dates in mind for next year? I used to host the Ironhead Nationals in conjunction with our local Harleys and Hot Rods Day at the Drags event, but they have stopped doing the races and it is now just a cruise.

The B/Fuel bike used to be in a Bonnie Truett tanker frame, but is now in a more modern, Marchman sit up chassis. The frame used to belong to Greg Lafon. I bought the cases from Bonnie and they are well prepped for fuel. Baisley heads and and S&S b carb set up for fuel. High gear only, single stage clutch.

Either of those fit in with what you are up to?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Yes sir big time you know right now I want all bikes out there havent set class because need to get the bikes and interest first give them a place to run. maybe we can set somthing up with you at your track Im having a hard time carrying it all. need to get others involved chk out this http://www.phpbbplanet.com/nvmdraforum/index.php?mforum=nvmdraforum this is new way to try and see who wants to race again and build bikes trying to see how many folks want to race again all are welcome there is quite a few ironheads biggest part so far of up and running bikes go on there and show you pictures and what it would take to get you out again like to have you onboard.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re:Vintage Nationals looking for bikes to have a match race

The new bullitin board doing good so far for one week, made our first rule drag bikes need front brake.... Duh. Going to set class of no wheelie bar no air shift no nitris all must run 18x4 M&H tire on gas V/G so put a tire on your Iron Head or Triumph or whatever and your in with safety switch and Brakes low budget racing Tires cost around 160.00 or so plus shipping
in production now. on 1/8 mile should be a blast.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.