Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have basket case 1948 Jawa. I did post about it before and got some good advice. But I'm wondering if I should try to keep it stock or modify it. I know it is somewhat rare and I also know that it is not worth a lot.

It would probably be easier to put in a different motor and parts from other brands to get it roadworthy.

My fear is that I'll modify it and 20 years from now it will be worth $400 and if I left it stock it would be worth a lot more.

Up to now my total investment is about $100 and I have a clear title for it. Engine and frame numbers match.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
are you REALLY into the project? of not, your going to have a hella time restoring it and probably get a little frustrated...

looks like a good start. if your building it because of worth in 20 years rather than enjoying building a riding it, its not going to be fun....and i wouldnt do it.

if your building it because you like a stock bike better than a modified, then go for it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.