Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Might be dumb question(s). Are the rebuild kits for the m-74 or m74B carbs interchangeable with other linkert models? specifically the m-35? Are the brass floats better then foam?

·
Registered
133 Posts
yard man said:
Might be dumb question(s). Are the rebuild kits for the m-74 or m74B carbs interchangeable with other linkert models? specifically the m-35? Are the brass floats better then foam?
No there not interchangable but you can almost make a m-74 out of a 35 with some modification...the 74 is newer than the 35 so it has improved features over the 35....and the float question is most of the time brass is better check out

www.victorylibrary.com for a great linkert book

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I have a Linkert M51B in my Chief with a brass float. I got lucky when I set it at the right level the first time. But some people say because brass is heavier, and will sink in the gas a little more than the stock cork float,that you need to set it higher. Makes sense to me but that didn't seem to be my case but I've heard it from alot of other people.:)

Can't answer the other question except to say that there's lots of subtile difference between Linkerts. But that guy recommending the Liberty library has some good advice. Good luck.

yard man said:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.