Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a DC L1 carb and was hoping that someone has had some experience with the carb. I may be referencing it incorrectly but that is what is on the carb, I tried to post pics maybe too big ill try to reduce but the carb has a DC 1 L marking and also a 2-1086. I have a couple of 60's xlch sportsters which I want to run this on one of them. Any replies are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Patrick, Thank you so much for posting such good info.

I believe I have the later version here. This is probably a dumb question, maybe I have an incomplete carb/broken spring or I am clueless but the throttle lever seems to move without a return spring mechanism unlike the other carbs I have dealt with like the super e's i have now.

Rigidude, sweet article thanks for posting it!

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Patrick,

Thanks again, Here are photos of what I got with it, one of the bowl extenders has webco on it the other 2 don't, look same though. I guess that 9 with the X under it is the butterfly you mentioned it had, nice catch. In the other close up is that a vent or jet that is supposed to be in the top hole? The one in the carb has it but I didn't know if it was press fitted or screw.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.