Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 700 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are some very talented and creative people on this board, and some excellent fabricators from all over the country, We will not be able check out everyones bike on here in person, and oogle over the custom stuff, and frankly,,,, small pictures of complete bikes don't show much. So lets see some of the small details you have built (or bought) for your bike. You know.... the stuff you spent longer than you should have making, the stuff you made 3 times to get it right, the cool piece you found at the flea market and grafted on your bike.... the stuff magazines don't show, cause they are too busy showing the revolver risers someone bought from a catalog....Lets see some stuff you can't buy from a catalog, or how you modified something, cool little stuff that turned out good, I am sure everyone has a couple COOL ideas, or small details on their bike......... LUKESTER

Here are a couple of things I have been working on on my sportster project, they are nothing major, but I can't make a post like this and not offer any pics myself.... First are the rear fender braces I just made, Second are the shaved fork legs done with a grinder, and last, is the beginning stages of my "battery tank", that should be finished up this week...... LUKESTER

Attachments

·
TI_Tuesday
748 Posts
Here's only one for now. And it has changed some. Friend and i put in this filler piece in the gussett and put the ign. switch into and the headlight switch. Has a different key switch now and it's a lot cleaner. Can't really see all the crap in there.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Here's what I've done in the last two weeks:

Welded in a new single downtube with supports at the front motor mount:

and on the sides of the front motor mount:

and in front of the seatpost:

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I just started on my gastank a couple days ago. I took a stock triumph tank:

and cut out the tunnel and about 4" of length through the midsection:

so now it looks smomething like this mocked up:

I was going to narrow the tank, but after taking out the length, I like the proportions now. I still need to fill in the gap in the front, make the tunnel, shape the bottom of the tank to hug the backbone, and weld it all together. Maybe next week.

·
Atomic Custom
3,829 Posts
Heres a few things.

Attachments

·
Registered
866 Posts
is splitting rocker boxes purely a cosmetic modification? either way I think they look cool like that...

·
Registered
361 Posts
rockymtnpits said:
Heres a few things.
Very nice stuff,the question is will you do a tech piece on splitting the rocker boxes? I would for one, be very interested and i'm sure others would be also. :D Gregg

·
Registered
148 Posts
This is probably about as basic as you can get for fabbing stuff, but I'm pretty happy with the results given my lack of experience.

Took a $10 peanut from the swap and cut a piece of the 35 Ford fender that I used as the fender. I wanted to carry the ridge up over the tank, so I cut a piece about 1/2" wider than the ridge and at the bottom left enough so I could fold the fender into a point to stretch the tank (which is really dead space as I didn't cut the tank at all).

Welded the piece onto the tank. Hammer hammer, little bit of filler, and voila...
Tank is stretched into a point and has the ridge to match the fenders.

Watch out, I'm almost a Salinas Boy now.

Attachments

·
Registered
967 Posts
Nappy said:
This is probably about as basic as you can get for fabbing stuff, but I'm pretty happy with the results given my lack of experience.

Took a $10 peanut from the swap and cut a piece of the 35 Ford fender that I used as the fender. I wanted to carry the ridge up over the tank, so I cut a piece about 1/2" wider than the ridge and at the bottom left enough so I could fold the fender into a point to stretch the tank (which is really dead space as I didn't cut the tank at all).

Welded the piece onto the tank. Hammer hammer, little bit of filler, and voila...
Tank is stretched into a point and has the ridge to match the fenders.

Watch out, I'm almost a Salinas Boy now.
Hey man, that's pretty slick! I'm also glad to see that I'm not the only one with motorvehicles in my house - I had a minibike sitting in my kitchen for a year - I should print out some of these pictures to prove to my friends and family that it's not just me!

·
Atomic Custom
3,829 Posts
greggski said:
Very nice stuff,the question is will you do a tech piece on splitting the rocker boxes? I would for one, be very interested and i'm sure others would be also. :D Gregg
I think Rich did a piece on splitting boxes.

I probably wont split another pair, and those ones are just sitting on my shelf..

They are great for holding business cards at shows!

·
Registered
104 Posts
richard cranium said:
Hey, what about that car shock? under the seat. That's pretty slick. Any spring in the system?

thx
ed
hey you guys don't miss a thing. Its a suspension unit from what we call a mountain bike ( pedal cycle ) then covered with an ally shroud and painted black. Not many people pick up on it.
here's a pic of the finished bike ( you've all seen it before ).

·
Registered
398 Posts
some of my stuff on the blower bike. body is all hand formed sheet metal, frame rake, nitrous bottle mount, 6" strech swingarm with mono shock for 180 rear tire, quick bob sporty tank with molded speedo, 2" goose neck with 42 degree rake

Attachments

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I do not fabricate....I build works of art that while looking at them tell you whats in your soul and reflect that back at you.At this time mine is telling me not to post pics of it cause its a topsecretneverbeendonebeforebikethatwillruleandeveryonewillloveeventonybones
:D

I really aint fabricaten anything right now bsa is just mocked up and its sobject to change many times before its done.

Some great stuff and by the way Jay I did notice tha mounts on your bike and thought they were cool.

Shoe

·
Registered
30 Posts
Here are a few of my previous builds/fabrications /paint jobs etc.
These are all sold and workin on a bunch more!

Enjoy!

duki

Triumph is my drug!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 700 Posts