Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got another bike and would like some insperation. Its a 1963 T100 Triumph. I know that the 650's seem to get done alot but lets see whats been done with the 500's. If you have any info on differences between the 500 and 650,s eg Frame, gear boxs and what not let us know. Any new info is good to have.

Will post pics when I pick her up.

·
Premium Member
7,098 Posts
Well the front forks will interchange, rear wheels, that's about it..

Good little street bikes, kinda small for the freeway but ok if your a small guy.

I have road and own them and like them.......Roach.

·
Registered
561 Posts
i'm banking on the clutch basket / hub and all being interchangeable as i'll use spares off the 650 fo my '63 T100. I know the ajuster blade on th e drive chain is diffent but i think that's just that th e 500 has a bit of a cutaway.

wheels, forks,electrics, tappet guide blcks mebe some tanks,oil pump? dunno. Other than that two diffrent beasties.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Plans are bolt on everything, Because its too nice to chop up a heap.
I'll put a David Bird 2 over 2 up hard tail on it, a bantum tank that I have, one of my custom seats we make hear at the shop and some nice little rear guarde. I'll look way mor modded than it actually is. There is also a 21'' planned for the front and I might just use the rear thats on it. It'll get a custom paint scheme and I'll lay down some lines on it as well. I'm also thinking of using alot of brass bits. I'll keep you all posted.

Im diggin this at the moment.

Attachments

·
Registered
706 Posts
For town riding, country roads and light freeway use the 500 may be even better than the 650, and that's saying something! I've got a 70 Daytona and love it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hope so. Im looking forward to gettinh my hands dirty on it. Its stored at a friends place about 2 hours from me for another week or so. Like I said I will post some more pics when I Get stuck into it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.