Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a blast in OKC but the swap meet and show at the fair grounds was a bummer. Just a sea of stock evo's and leather. I was hoping for more. All there was were evo parts and over priced beer. It was inside in the A/C but that seemed to be the only plus about the whole thing. There was a couple of pan's, shovels and one irohead chop but the king of the show was a sweet XS650 street tracker. By the time I thought about getting the camera out of the trunk...the Yam was gone. Sorry to upset any okies out there but I calls em like I sees em. Sorry no pics. Not gonna make this one agian.

·
Registered
93 Posts
No it was lame, and generally it's always lame. I hear that the good one is in Kansas. I spent $5 to walk thru this meet and get a free cup of coffee. But my son got 2 suckers and a pair of light up sun glasses so to him it was good. I heard that there is an all british show that has a swap meet at it but I have no idea when that is.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is a great swap meet down here in Tejas the weekend of Sept. 14/15. I will be there with my Grand pappy and we'll be talkin shit drinkin beer and trying to get some parts and give some parts. It's in Rosanky Texas. It is mostly for cars but I have scored some good bike stuff here in the past. I got a couple of Honda CB500's here two years ago with titles for 500 bones and they are runners now. Anyway, I'll be there. I'm gonna start a new thread about Rosanky.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Next time your in OKC go to Freedom Cycle if you need anything. A guy Dale works the counter and can answer anything you throw at him. He's been workin that shop for 25 + years. Its a good shop for older stuff. I stop by there everytime I'm in town.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Gas House Gorilla said:
There is a great swap meet down here in Tejas the weekend of Sept. 14/15. I will be there with my Grand pappy and we'll be talkin shit drinkin beer and trying to get some parts and give some parts. It's in Rosanky Texas. It is mostly for cars but I have scored some good bike stuff here in the past. I got a couple of Honda CB500's here two years ago with titles for 500 bones and they are runners now. Anyway, I'll be there. I'm gonna start a new thread about Rosanky.
Let me know more about this. I now live about 2 miles back behind the Car Museum in Rosanky. http://www.ctmah.org/ Drive by it daily and noticed the Swap meet sign. BTW.. says its Sept 14-16 w no meet on Sunday the 17th?

edited for correct date.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is from the 14th to the 16th. Most sellers/vendors get there starting Wednesday night and all go home on Sunday. They have done it like this for years. They're are alot of people from all over the country that come out. I have scored some cool parts here in the past. Hope this helps. I'll post a thread specific to Rosanky. Hope to meet some Jockey Jerks out there.

http://www.rosankyautoswapmeet.com/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts