Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, so recently I just moved up to Oregon.
And as of yesterday I found out that there is no limit as to how high your bars can be.

So I'm gettin' APES.

I plan on being totally "Oregon legit",
but I'm CONCERNED about cruising it in CA???

I don't plan on riding down like every day or anything, but I'm curious if I could still get a ticket for ape hangers in cali????

I would THINK the cops would be.... reasonable-
but that DOES tend to be my downfall-

Is anyone informed on the legality's of such things????

·
Registered
177 Posts
A good rule of thumb for most of Cal. is that they can't be above your shoulders.

note: from personal experience, your BICYCLE handlebars can't be higher than your shoulders in Venice Beach, CA either! They write fucking tickets for it!

·
Registered
967 Posts
gsglbc said:
A good rule of thumb for most of Cal. is that they can't be above your shoulders.

note: from personal experience, your BICYCLE handlebars can't be higher than your shoulders in Venice Beach, CA either! They write fucking tickets for it!
Wow, I had no idea things were that sad out there...my sympathy goes out to you guys. Don't the cops have better things to do?

·
Registered
936 Posts
I had 22" ape hangers on my one Triumph. It was a kick for awhile. Didn't get pulled over , and with the stance of the bike went over my shoulders. Didn't get pulled over. What its comes down too really, is a question of how much a dick the cops want to be.

I ditched them after awhile, around a ton it was a thrill ride but lost its luster, and you can't really corner as fast with them, which with some of the nice twisty roads around here took the some of the fun out of them.

But they can make some bikes look real cool.

·
Registered
936 Posts
gsglbc said:
Don't they also give you tickets for cutting the grass drunk?

I love CA, and I hate CA.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As far as good old CA goes I believe they changed the law a few months ago to 6 inches above the shoulder now-

and-
22" apes would be the SHIT!

·
Registered
135 Posts
The state verges on fascist...I got a ticket for jaywalking when I was stationed in ****.1978...and cops busted my balls constantly in sacto for pipes and no front fender!

ol_scratch said:
Don't they also give you tickets for cutting the grass drunk?

I love CA, and I hate CA.

·
Registered
936 Posts
greaseball said:
22" apes would be the SHIT!
They get old real quick. Especially on highway driving around here, where they are as bumpy as Kirstie Alleys ass.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
It is illegal to fuck apes, but you can fuck a human in an ape suit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts