Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im thinkin of leaving my bullshit job and try to go large with my leather work,
question,
if you had extra money, and wanted to get leather work done,seats,belts,wallets,braids, etc,
how many would be intrested in work?
im tryin to get an idea on how broke me and my wife are going to be , SOON!!!
i just want to do leather full time ,and i am just wondering if i wolud have enough to survive!!or what i could expect!!
thanks chris

·
Registered
307 Posts
I've been doin it for about a year as a part time thing. I do ok with it. But I also don't really push it a lot. Most of what I do is from refferals. You can sell quite a bit of it on ebay. Seats and panels turn a decent profit. Depending on what kind of lifestyle you are acustom to \, it might be tougjh to make a living at it. Although, being in amarilla you might help make ends meet with saddle and tack stuff too. Without trying, doing one project a week, I bring in about $500-600 a month.

Good luck

·
Registered
331 Posts
I'm not really interested in leather much.

However, I can tell you as a website developer, Whenever I speak to someone about starting a small business and selling their product on the web I usually tell them to start a yahoo store in addition to an ebay store. Yahoo will get you a domain, website and credit card processing. Then you can drive traffic to a specific location when networking.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I wouldn't quit until your making more than enough off the leather on top of the normal job. I did that for years until the regular job was making me get too backed up on my leather work. You won't have any free time until the leatherwork takes over but you won't worry about paying bills either. - Duane

·
Registered
601 Posts
You seem on the up and up with a good attitude.
Be careful goin' full time.
I have been lucky as a tattooer, but it was a LONG road.
My $.02?
Always work your side job until you can't afford to go to work any more.
Your stuff looks good, and I may actually be speaking with you next year.
Keep it up, and be good to your wife, she's gonna be your rock.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks everybody,i know i still have to work,but it does get in the way of the leather stuff, the wife is the rock indeed,and she reminds me of it everyday!! hehe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts