Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new bike arrived and I'll give a proper intro later once I'm able to take it for a spin. But for now I have a quick question.

When parked, it looks to me like it's standing virtually straight up. There's almost no lean at all. Here's a photo of the bike on it's kickstand with my yellow flood light next to it. For comparison, the yellow pole is straight up and down.

What do you think? Do I need a longer kickstand? Or bolt on some wedges to the kickstand mount to increase the angle?

Thanks,
Jim

Attachments

· Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Solved

Sorry to dig up such an old thread. A year and a half later I finally solved my lean problem.

I recently found an old Santee "extra short kickstand for use on lowered rigid choppers". CCI part number 695039. $23 for the kickstand and a few dollars at the hardware store for bolts. Not sure if they still make these, mostly only see 1" under and all the adjustable ones are for a different frame mount.

Lean angle is 100X better and I don't have to worry when parking on a slope. No wedge in there either. It looks really short- doesn't extend out far from the bike, but it feels solid. Bike doesn't budge once the kickstand tab gets locked in.

Thanks,
Jim

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.