Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got a trump chopper with a 650 (t120) bonni motor. it has a tube running from the motor that spits out oil and i am assuming this is the breather. if so, how much oil is it supposed to spit out. when it starts up it leaves a nice size puddle,is this normal. are tumpets just leaky bitches like that. HELP!!!

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
whoa....i sense some sarcasasm. i know duki is super qualified. i just dont want to bug him on some dumb shit. we have other stuff we are trying to work out. just trying to get a general concensis on triumps seeing as how i am a new triumph owner and this is my first.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
sickboi55 said:
wet sumping? is that bad? what exactly is it?
Wet sumping means that your pickup tube off the oil pump is not working or that the check valve in the pump has some crud in it . Basicly when the bike sits not running oil leaks from the tank into the bottom end filling it up . Then when you start it the preasure from the botom end pushes it out the breather . So your bike will run low on oil and can be hard to start . Because it doesn't just come out the breather , some is forced past the rings into the cumbustion chamber . Also what could be going on if it leaks while riding is that the rings are not sealing good and you are preasurizing the bottom end .

·
Banned
648 Posts
Trumpnut said:
You still need to post some pics of that thing !! And I still want to ride it . LOL:D
Nick, I did a week or so ago. I've since made up a rear fender to keep from getting my nuts torn off, though I loved how it looked without one. McGoo and I are going for a ride tomorrow, I'll try to post some new pics. You can ride it anytime you are down this way, it's running like the hounds of hell these days.

You can see the last batch here:
http://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6175

Sorry for the hijack.

-Bill

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Billdozer1811 said:
Nick, I did a week or so ago. I've since made up a rear fender to keep from getting my nuts torn off, though I loved how it looked without one. McGoo and I are going for a ride tomorrow, I'll try to post some new pics. You can ride it anytime you are down this way, it's running like the hounds of hell these days.

You can see the last batch here:
http://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6175

Sorry for the hijack.

-Bill
Danm I missed that one . My wifes painting the 500 this weekend and I'm going to acaully work on my bike this weekend . Yep thats right the BSA will get the clutch installed . It's only been like 2 months .

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
so back to the problem...what do i do? anyone in or around jacksonville (fl) know any triumph people who could handle it.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Buy a manual and romove your oil pump your self . Then check the con. of the check valve balls . Replace then if they have any scares then lightly tap them once to seat them . if that doesn't fix it . remove the drain bolt from the bottom of the motor and stick your finger over the pick up tube and push the kikcker over a few times to check that it has suction . if so start looking at the top end .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts