Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so yesterday was my first "real" ride. and my first ever"legal" ride.
i rode around town for about an hour after work. everything on the bike seemed to work good. and my riding skills were still there(i havent really rode in about 9 years). so i'm on my way back home to enjoy a few cold ones and i fucked up about 3 blocks from home.
from a dead stop i was makin' a left onto another road and gagged it a little. as soon as i tried to slow down i hit a spot of drit/shit in the road and the rear started to slide out from under me. by the time i knew what was happening it was to late, so i jumped away so the bike wouldnt land on me.
i dunno if i was over-confident or just careless. i was more embaressed than hurt.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
damn jimi!!!!!!!!!!!! wasnt the trump was it????

i assume the blast

see... no alky with ridin, thats my rule... although wouldnt have stopped this one

·
Registered
418 Posts
Truth time--I just had a little spill on my first bike. Gorgeous 66 Triumph. Dented a car with my helmet, bloody nose, couple of bruises. 1st thing I thought was "motherfucker, wait till the guys hear this." Took less shit than I thought and Wes from FourAces is doing a stand-up job of getting me the parts and info to get back on the road. I was more upset over the bent fork tubes and dented tank than having my neck shoved down upon itself and what-not (since I'm ok). Bitch of it is, I had a great 50 mi ride the night before.
Get back in there, pick your pace. Glad your ok.

·
Registered
181 Posts
You would suck even if you didn't lay it down....hahahaha

Important thing is that YOU'RE ok....and repeating what was previously stated, there are 2 types...those who have laid it down and those who will...

We'll see ya soon!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Tony Bones said:
Until you've fallen off the back of your bike in front of a crowd of onlookers while ripping a wheel stand you haven't lived. It's very...humbling.

Take a lot of Ibuprofin w/ beer and you'll be okay.
Or highsided into a tree in yer front yard with a kegger in progress.

Glad yer OK.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanx guys, i'm fine. i hurt myself worse skateboarding when i was a teenager. or drunk like fatass so kindly pointed out.
i picked the buell up and rode it home and had my cold ones.
i rode it to work and home today today(without incident). that bike aint gonna lick me.

dirk, bud. i love ya too:p

·
Registered
11 Posts
my little bother rides.. i'm still putting my bike together. he rides street bikes. road for almost 10,000 miles on a new 500r no prob. goes buys a 05 R6 0.8 miles lays it down... the pride hurt more than the 800+ in parts and big brother askin to see his NEW bike. glad your good. not looking fwd to layin over the 68 T100c.
Erik

1 - 18 of 18 Posts