Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much would this be worth..? I can get my hands on a late 50's Panhead rolling chassis WITH a '49 title.

Titles are important for us here in Holland, because if we build a bike from the ground up, or totally modify a bike, and have no title/registration on it, we have to get it inpected by the ...... (how the hell are those guys called again..?) to get new registration on it. But if you show up on a radical old chopper, with bad brakes, no front fender, short rear fender, open belt, loud pipes, etc., they'll never give you the title/reg. because your bike is not road worthy for them.

Too make a long story short, I could really use a 49' title, sell the rolling chassis, and start a whole new bike from the ground up with a 49' title...

Oh yeah, before you ask, it's no problem to use another motor in our country, as long as it's just a V-twin... Nothing needs to be matching. The title just says FL, two cylinder, 1949... That's it.

Some indication of what it would be worth overthere might come in handy.

Thanks... Maurice

·
Registered
396 Posts
problem with that here is that HD titles follow the mill up until 1970 then its frame #'s

any number of reasons dude has a "title" and there are people here that wouldnt have a problem making their own case numbers to match if they verified they were clean

i wouldnt

side note: trump titles follow frame numbers all the way
sometimes matching cases sometimes not

·
Registered
374 Posts
Flyin' Dutchman said:
Too make a long story short, I could really use a 49' title, sell the rolling chassis, and start a whole new bike from the ground up with a 49' title...
Moe, why don't you just build a bitchin swing-arm chopper like Ed Roth's Oink(see the Kustom Kulture book with the Jimmy C cover-Robt. Williams is sitting on it) or this one from Japan

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts