Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like there is a good possibility the ECTA will be racing out of Ohio this year. So this if all this goes down I am hoping some of you midwest guys with quick brit bikes will come out, some friendly competition would be awesome!

Link to news story for more info.

On that, we are racing down at maxton this weekend but without the turbo nitrous BSA, our super secret nitrous upgrade isn't ready so I'll be riding the normally aspirated BSA. Wish us luck.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I'd love to see that happen. That's only about 2 1/2 hours down I-71 from here. It would be great for Mid-Western racers and also give Wilmingtons economy a little bump. I know of a few bikes that would run there, no question about it.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I enjoyed Maxton in the beginning. 40-50 runs in a weekend if yer stuff held up. I hope they get the site but sorry to see Maxton go away.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I really wanted to go to the next one...supposed to be a lot of bikes...medical problem has me housebound for the next bit...Sombody Please post a bunch of pics....

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Shame they are losing Maxton. But its good they have found a new home. Hope they can keep this one for a long time.

·
Registered
388 Posts
sounds cool to me I was hoping they would go to rickenbacker air strip in columbus but any where fine in ohio any Idea if it will happen next year?

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Hell yes! I am there. That would be wonderful, a short few hour trip to do some LSR, way better than 2,200 miles.

Tyler
We'll never see you at Bonneville now!!

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
The ECTA put on a terrific event 5 times a year in Maxton. I'm sure that their Ohio plans will be just as good if not better. I hate to see them go but I'm happy they're still kicking. Enjoy the races if they go to Ohio!

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Would it be the same one mile run as Maxton is now or does the new place possibly allow for a longer run?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ah, Wilmington Air Park. That place has a lot of memories for me. I was based there for Airborne Express for 15 years flying DC-9s and B-767s. That is until DHL bought it all and then shut it down. I miss that place and the good people of the community. I hope they make it work.

Ed

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The deal just got inked about an hour ago so its official!!!!

They will have four events for 2012, dates will be announced soon.

The course is 1 mile and from what I hear is perfectly smooth (complete opposite of Maxton), shut down is about 1000 feet less but it is straight where Maxton has a turn soon after the traps.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts