Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well my search for an 18 inch rim wider then 2.5 inches wide has led me to a british 3.50 - 18 rim. its not dropped center. Is there a specific spoke kit available for lacing it to a 36 - 66 star hub ? will triumph spokes fit?

·
Registered
72 Posts
yard man said:
well my search for an 18 inch rim wider then 2.5 inches wide has led me to a british 3.50 - 18 rim. its not dropped center. Is there a specific spoke kit available for lacing it to a 36 - 66 star hub ? will triumph spokes fit?
There was a guy I knew in Massachusetts that used to lace 16" Harley rims to Triumph hubs.He worked at a Matchless dealer at the time and i'm not sure what he used for spokes.PM me and i'll give you his phone number although I'm not sure he does this anymore.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
yard man said:
I hope someone will correct me if I'm talking (writing?) out my ass.

The star hub is almost identical, dimensionally, to the Triumph spool hub (don't know the years of the spool hub, though). Axle on the star hub is 3/4", while the Triumph axle is 20 mm (.787"). I'm planning to use a cotten spool on my WL, but I haven't yet had the courage to make a sleeve with .0185" wall thickness.

Use Harley or Triumph spokes (for an 18" cotten spool). If your rim is intended for a conical hub, 1/2 of your spokes may have a funny bend in them because of the rim's spoke holes being drilled at a slightly inappropriate angle.

My brain is now completely empty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts