Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yep, here is another "drama-free" supercrouton build thread :D, on a 1959 T120, that is destined for a client in <ST1:p<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
</st1:country-region>Australia</ST1:p. As such, it had to have a front mud guard, chain guard, Aussie-size license plate bracket, and a front brake. This bike is typical of the sort I build; short front, +6 rear, vertical oil tank, and a CF gas tank. Most members here will recognize the familiar stance, and as such, this thread will be more focused on the fabrication details. Enjoy!
<O:p</O:p
Here is what I had to start with, this time around.

After the build was spoke for, I rounded up a suitable frame

Then chopped/smoothed it to an appropriate level

The rear section is from The Factory Metal Works. Lucas made this up custom for me, he has been super to deal with, and the section went together perfect!

·
Registered
98 Posts
This is just a tease!
Dan your Black Adder in The Horse is what inspired me to get back into motorcycles. Thank you.

More pics please!!
Thanks,
Nick

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, sandergecko, Dan Boy, selectedgrub, buk, and La Dolce! Actually, I am about to be done with this bike, and thought I would try waiting to start this, so I could post a more condensed photo-documentation without all the waiting around. We'll see how that goes, right?:D Anyhow, back to the pics...

Next was to tig up a 10-gauge Aussie-sized license plate/ tail light bracket with a pair of brass Tit-mouse units.

Joe, at Chopped Triumphs, supplied the custom front motor mounts. He is a super guy to deal with, and he has a ton of innovative products for triumphs in the works.

Next was the chain tensioner. This item was due for a bit of updating, so I put a "lightened" gusset across the top.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Haven't been on the board in a while and I'm glad I decided to log on at the start of this! Your other builds are awesome and I can't wait to see this on come along!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for kind words guys!

The seat pan was up next. This is a 10 gauge unit with a few speed holes in the brackets. No one will probably ever notice when it's all together.

This build also has a British-made 16" drop-center rear rim that I laced to a Triumph "spool" rear hub.

After;

Here is a close-up of the npt bungs I welded in the vertical oil tank.

Here is the front wheel/hub/brake. It is a 21" that Buchanan's made spokes for, then laced and trued.

1 - 20 of 152 Posts