Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me any information about this intake? It has "Kramer Conversions Co. 2727 NO. 33 ST. LINCOLN NEBR." stamped on it. From what I can find on the web, it was made by Vern Kramer who owned a Harley Dealership in Nebraska. I was hoping someone might know what carbs are suppose to mount to it. I would also appreciate any information about Kramer Conversions Co. (such as did they build anything else).

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a Weber DCOE 40 on my shovelhead. The Weber mounts are much bigger than the mounts on the Kramer manifold also as stated by GT6Steve the Weber mounts are angled. The Kramers are straight.

I don't think the spacing is correct on the S&S two throat. Plus, I believe the S&S two throat carb is threaded. Meaning, the bolts go through the manifold and thread into the carb. The Kramer manifold is threaded for bolts or studs so that won't work.

I've searched google quite a bit, and only come up with little things like it is rare, dual carb intake made by Levern Kramer in the late 60's early 70's. It doesn't ever say what carbs it ran. Seems to be very little info about this manifold anywhere that I can find. Thats why I'm asking you guys... anymore help would be great!

·
Registered
887 Posts
I didn't scroll over to see the other pics when I posted my first reply. But now that I have, it's deffinetly NOT a DCOE or DHLA manifold. Maybe a S&S dual, or something for two independent carbs. Don't let the threaded mounts sway you, I've seen many DCOE and DHLA manifolds, some are threaded, some are not.

Sixball

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
After researching Knucklehead Steve's lead I found out it is probably made for two tillotson HD5AS flipped on their sides. So the search is on for two tillotson HD5AS's. Thanks for the help everyone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.