Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,i searched the board for threads and an answer,but really didnt find anything factual.
My question is: Does anyone out there make replacement "REAR" legs for a knucklehead inline springer?
i cant find anyone anywhere that does.

Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
2,014 Posts
Several sources, from V-Twin to 45 restoration etc. You may need to call for just a rear leg but they are out there. And originals show up regularly on eGay!
Robbie

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks fellers.
im talking about JUST the rear legs. not the top piece of the rear. it was extended 8 over and i want to put it back to stock.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Somebody (most likely Europeans) is making them. I see that several different inline rear rigid forks for the Knucklehead years are listed in V-Twin. Your choice, black or chrome. I haven't used any of the European re-poops personally, but I hear that the quality is pretty good.

Regards,
Geo.

·
Registered
235 Posts
the page could not be found.:confused:
Hmm. Works for me. In any case it was a link to a complete rear fork, not just tubes.
It is a European company, and apparently all the repop springers (vtwin, w&w, 45 parts depot, etc.) are all made in the same factory in Europe. So they may be able to give you a lead if you contact them.

Also found this. Don't know if it is any help or not:
http://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?p=502106

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Were yours radius roded? If they weren't you could probably cut them back down to stock and have them welded back together.
Yeah Jay,
they are radius rods,but were done extremely well.
What you said to do is our plan i think.
i think it will work.
they used the stock rocker tabs at the bottom..even the stock brake stay tab is off the og legs.

ps, the front leg showed up. niiice!
thanks mang.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.