Jockey Journal Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When people take bikes like this and change them.

and "make it low as all hell, floor boars, rocker clutch, open belt, all that good shit, make it a real mile muncher. " ....i'd love to be able to afford a bike like that and leave it just like it is..instead i'm stuck with a Softail because I didn't know better when I bought it however many years ago and have tried unsuccessfully (many times) to trade it for a shovel. That's perfect, in my opinion. Fuck. Delete this if you must, I had to bitch to somebody. Just a shame to me.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
You're suffering from internet induced feelings of inadequacy. Nothing wrong with the bike that you've got, and while the FL in the pic is nifty, it's not any "better" or "worse" than what you have. Older bikes are cool, but if I could only have one, then an V2 equipped bike is what I'd ride.

Get Fab Kevin or Irish Rich to hardtail your softie.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Neo, it's nothing about inadequacy..trust me there. I've just had a thing for shovels for quite awhile...before I found JJ and found out they were the cool guy's ride..haha. Saw a shovel at the filling station the other day and when the fella fired it off, reminded me how much I hated my bike and want a Shovel...but hardtailing my bike would maybe hold me over until better days. Just late night ramblings, don't mind me. haha

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
You've got an evo. There are a lot of guys that would love to have an evo. There are even more that would love to have a bike. There are many worse things than having an evo. Remember the old saying. "I cried because I had no shoes until I saw a man that had no feet."

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Shovels weren't always the cool guys ride. If you go back to the start of this board, hardly anyone wanted a shovel, and noone praised them. Pans were the thing. Shovels became popular because they were cheaper and more frequent than Pans.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You've got an evo. There are a lot of guys that would love to have an evo. There are even more that would love to have a bike. There are many worse things than having an evo. Remember the old saying. "I cried because I had no shoes until I saw a man that had no feet."
You're right. I'm thankful that I was able to get my bike when I could..just regretting my decision of not getting a shovel at that time, and i'm man enough to admit that. haha I just hate seeing bikes like that get cut up, I guess.......

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Me too actually. I reckon there should be a ban on cutting up swing arm frames.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I reckon there should be a ban on cutting up swing arm frames.
While I can understand this, I don't agree completely. I don't mind pulling a twisted up frame out of the scrap heap at the local recycle plant and cutting it up.

There should be a ban on cutting up complete bikes.

michaelbarry: Rant understood. That being said, I'll take your evo, since you hate it, and I'm bike-less at the moment. I sold two bikes to put a down payment on a house, and all I have now is two basket cases that I can't afford parts for. I'm riding a friend's Marauder while he's in China, and I'm thrilled to death about that.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
What do you have against foot boards?

·
Registered
147 Posts
You're right. I'm thankful that I was able to get my bike when I could..just regretting my decision of not getting a shovel at that time, and i'm man enough to admit that. haha I just hate seeing bikes like that get cut up, I guess.......
well michaelbarry that is the beauty of free market capitalism, I can whatever the fuck i want with my bike, because i bought it. But on your quest for an untouched shovel, ill sell you the original ride to live live to ride mirrors for 800.00 USD. They are ORIGINAL man, unfucked with by some idiot kid...

·
Registered
213 Posts
just remember its not always what you ride but that you ride and in my opinion i don't think a man (or woman) should be judged by what they do or do not do to there bike

·
Registered
732 Posts
Ahhh shut up and ride. I want a Britten but have to live with an Aprilia. Oh fookin' well.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Thats a bit of a rant I woulda kept to myself. When you buy a bike, car, truck, whatever. It's YOURS to do what you want with. Theres alot of them out there. Buy a bike thats been "cut up" and put it back to stock if you want.

I've seen alot of things done to a bike I wouldn't do, but I'm sure I've done things to bikes others wouldn't do. It's all about PERSONAL preference If everyones taste was the same, that would make a boring, plain. lame world.

Sixball

·
Registered
133 Posts
Buy your own Shovel and keep it stock. You go on a sight called "CHOP" cult and then bitch when he is gonna do a little CHOPPING... Sell you evo and buy a pedal bike.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have to laugh. The biggest problem with your bitch is that bike pictured is not stock,, it has been cobbled up a bit.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.