Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody dealt with Kiwi? Used their repro parts, engines, kit bikes etc? Seriously looking at the bobber for next year.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Will being a new zealander I have seen one of there bikes down here and in my opinion it was a piece of shit,the front end needed major engineering on it to put it right and bits broke of it and man did it leak some oil,but after chucking some money at it I think the owner got it sorted and this bike was featured in CYCLE SOURCE mag before it was shipped here,could have been just this bike with probs maybe someone else will chime in.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will being a new zealander I have seen one of there bikes down here and in my opinion it was a piece of shit,the front end needed major engineering on it to put it right and bits broke of it and man did it leak some oil,but after chucking some money at it I think the owner got it sorted and this bike was featured in CYCLE SOURCE mag before it was shipped here,could have been just this bike with probs maybe someone else will chime in.
Is this the bike? I can see myself doing something similar.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
I've met "Kiwi" Mike and his son a couple of times at club meetings. His son rides one of his Indians to the meetings. I'm no Indian expert but the bikes I've seen look quality. No oil leaks. And it sounds strong. As I said I've met him a couple of times and the short talks with left me with the impression that he knows what he's doing and cares deeply for his product. Personally I wouldn't have a problem dealing with him.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I build extremely good bikes and far better than the Indian factory ever did. My cases have been re-engineered not to leak oil. I certainly have a long list of very happy clients all over the world and I and my son ride Indians every day.
My last client bought his 2nd model from us. Rode from LA to Alabama and then up to Toronto Canada. The last bike he rode from LA (with his girl friend on board), did a road run in Yosemite, Vancouver Island and to Edmonton Alberta Canada. Both bikes gave no problems what so ever. He called again last night extremely happy. I'm extremely proud of the bikes we build and remain in close contact with each customer. Mike Tomas, Kiwi Indian

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have done some parts business with Kiwi and never had any fitment problems, always shipped quickly. My brother in law has done a lot of business with Kiwi and knows Mike fairly well. Also a happy customer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello,

I also have met Mike and talked with him. Comes across as a dedicated , standup fella that believes in his products. I also have a friend here in Indiana who knows Mike personally and speaks of him with very high regard. Another buddy just had his Chief motor done by Kiwi and is happy with the results. Just my 2 cents....

Scotty

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Mike is the real deal. I've seen his bikes and his front ends in person and they are top shelf items. I sent him my Chief's cylinders a few years ago and they came back perfect and are still running strong. He bent over backwords for us at Bonneville in 2008 and had nothing to gain from it. In reality it could have damaged his reputation by helping us out but he didn't care. He's never made any real money off of me although he's usually my first "go to" guy for new Indian parts. I've never had a problem with him. And if anyone talks trash about him in front of me in person, they had better know what they are talking about and not some second party rumor!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts