Jockey Journal Forum banner

Kinda like training wheels?

3K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  Danny F. 
#1 ·
See less See more
#5 ·
tbone16 said:
That would be one sweet saftey feature if they swapped the bag with an inflatable chick, and when you wreck, her legs rap around your head. *edit* Hell, I would wreck it for fun. *edit* Who the hell rides the bike down in a wreck, doesnt make much sense to me.
well considering that bike weighs only 2.5 million tons, and you're safetybelted on to it... and the odds are you're not in anyway an experianced biker, i think it's a safe bet they're going down with the ship, and plan to use their onboard Cell phone tower to contact onStar.

#7 ·
what the fuck?

has anyone ever been injured by that part of the bike before?

i think that's the last of you're worries if you're in a wreck. what's the air bag going to do about you sliding 350 feet and slamming face first into a cement wall 2.5 mintutes after the lousy air bag deployed in futility?

#9 ·
perhaps they should have installed this into the seat, so a big warm bubble comes out and wraps around you like a womb, and then safely lets you roll about , with out any scratches...

or, if you're that intent on needing an airbag , buy an SUV.

#11 ·
How about an inflatable suit that expands like the Michelin man, and after the wreck you bounce your way to safety. That guy in the picture needs to bounce his ass to a shoe store, QUICK!

Jey said:
perhaps they should have installed this into the seat, so a big warm bubble comes out and wraps around you like a womb, and then safely lets you roll about , with out any scratches...

or, if you're that intent on needing an airbag , buy an SUV.

#12 ·
Thats actually part of the Driver Actuated Trajectory System(tm). See, when you hit a car broadside cause they pulled out in front of you, the bike flips over the hood and lands on you. But with the new RATS, as soon as the bike tips to 45 degrees, the air bag goes off blowing you clean off the bike and 50' into the air, thus clear of the accident:)

#14 ·
Jeb,

Unfortunately they have actually built one of those....you hooked yourself to the bike with a ripcord. It was more of a jumpsuit kinda thing that had a chest/neck aribag that looked like an airliner floatation vest, and some water wings on the legs... Ya start off looking like like fat elvis in your sweet new jumpsuit...suddenly grandma pulls out in front of you..Your ripcord gets pulled as you go in flight...POOF! You are now completley safe for your water landing! LOL!! What? Oh, the road is concrete? Never mind then...

#16 ·
Woo hoo! I AM a genius. Now where's my check?

XCabbieS said:
Jeb,

Unfortunately they have actually built one of those....you hooked yourself to the bike with a ripcord. It was more of a jumpsuit kinda thing that had a chest/neck aribag that looked like an airliner floatation vest, and some water wings on the legs... Ya start off looking like like fat elvis in your sweet new jumpsuit...suddenly grandma pulls out in front of you..Your ripcord gets pulled as you go in flight...POOF! You are now completley safe for your water landing! LOL!! What? Oh, the road is concrete? Never mind then...

#18 · (Edited)
Conder said:

Nothin' like bein' "in the wind"! Just get a CAR man.
Tim...I don't get it...you mean by saying "just get a car"..that hmm...this thing right here is not a car or what??...?

(Ooohhkey,sorry,I see it now..sorry man,my mistake!...)
p.s: they could at least keep it a bit funny and made this bag in the shape of an inflatable doll,right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.