Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
relocated the kill switch on the ironhead (its a toggle for a mag) and now it doesnt kill anything, went for a ride anyhow but now need to fix it, I am guessing that it is not making a ground now?? I bolted the ground between the motor mount and a headbolt, it used to be sandwiched between the switch itself and the frame ???

·
Registered
45 Posts
Dan said:
relocated the kill switch on the ironhead (its a toggle for a mag) and now it doesnt kill anything, went for a ride anyhow but now need to fix it, I am guessing that it is not making a ground now?? I bolted the ground between the motor mount and a headbolt, it used to be sandwiched between the switch itself and the frame ???
You might have already fixed this by now, but did you make sure there was no paint, or dirt in my case, where you are grounding?
Is it a two position toggle or three?
How many poles does the switch have on the back?
Do you have a meter or 12 volt bulb to check for power?
Not sure, but maybe the switch housing itself needs to be grounded, not sure what kind of toggle it is?

I dont know if I helped at all??

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its a two position switch, I may have to clean some gunk off to make a ground, I am thinking of running the ground back to the battery to ensure a good ground. havent messed with the switch as a new problem came up that I need to fix...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Shoot me a PM when you get back to the switch and ill see if I can help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts